Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Railed Glock 43X

Railed Glock 43X

Anyone have any intel regarding US availability of the 43X and 48 with rails? I am growing impatient and they have been available in Europe for months.

No point in having them until Surefire releases the light that's built for the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    No point in having them until Surefire releases the light that's built for the rail.
    You never want to be waiting for Surefire to release anything...
    Release the damn railed Glocks and Streamlight will have an option in short order, as well as other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You never want to be waiting for Surefire to release anything...
    Release the damn railed Glocks and Streamlight will have an option in short order, as well as other manufacturers.
    I disagree.

The P365 has been out for years with a proprietary rail and the 100 lumen Streamlight makes for it is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I disagree.

The P365 has been out for years with a proprietary rail and the 100 lumen Streamlight makes for it is terrible.
    And yet there are plenty of people unhappy with the XC1 at only 300lm... Will it get any better when it's shrunk down to fit the 43?
    Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    The real aggravation however is with Glock... The damn things should have had a rail from day one. Glock can be as aggravating as Apple.

I'm not a GLOCK fanboi, but in their defense, NONE of their subcompact pistols (starting with the G26) have ever had a rail, so I'm not sure why folks are surprised/disappointed the 43/X/48 don't. Some of us remember the fiasco when folks started hanging lights on the dust cover of their 3rd Gen Glocks - how many generations of magazines did it take to get that right? Is it still right?

I'm at this point on the issue - just like GLOCK would make the shit out of higher capacity G43 magazines if they could find a design that was durable and reliable, I'm betting the continued lack of a light-rail for the sub compacts is because GLOCK doesn't think it's viable.

Or I could be talking out my ass - which happens with increasing frequency as I age...

I just use a CT Laserguard Pro with the laser turned off; white light only. It does what an X300 with DG switch does without needing a rail. Not super bright but works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm not a GLOCK fanboi, but in their defense, NONE of their subcompact pistols (starting with the G26) have ever had a rail, so I'm not sure why folks are surprised/disappointed the 43/X/48 don't. Some of us remember the fiasco when folks started hanging lights on the dust cover of their 3rd Gen Glocks - how many generations of magazines did it take to get that right? Is it still right?

I'm at this point on the issue - just like GLOCK would make the shit out of higher capacity G43 magazines if they could find a design that was durable and reliable, I'm betting the continued lack of a light-rail for the sub compacts is because GLOCK doesn't think it's viable.

Or I could be talking out my ass - which happens with increasing frequency as I age...
    The problem with that assumption is that Glock is shipping 43x with rails pistols to customers outside of the US market. You can find retailer listings and Instagram photos of people that have them in Europe. I don’t want Glock to make something they don’t. I just want them to sell us what they already sell other people.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The problem with that assumption is that Glock is shipping 43x with rails pistols to customers outside of the US market. You can find retailer listings and Instagram photos of people that have them in Europe. I don’t want Glock to make something they don’t. I just want them to sell us what they already sell other people.
    If it helps you get stuff no one else does
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Someone on reddit claims to have gotten a railed 48 and 43X shipped from Glock USA with a picture to show. So it looks like some of them are starting to ship out to influencers and other VIPs. Hopefully soon...

User Tag List