Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Awkward Moments....

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'd just like to point out the word "awkward" in and of itself is... awkward.
    Perhaps for a WordFondler...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Perhaps for a WordFondler...
    But not for a cunning linguist.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    But not for a cunning linguist.
    No, not at all. That could make one tongue tied.

No, not at all. That could make one tongue tied.
    Yeah, I've heard it's something about the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Had a minor medical problem. Had to visit the urologist.
    Urologist I was referred to works in a university hospital.

You know where this is going, don't you?

I'm in the treatment room waiting on the Doc and in walks an absolutely gorgeous 20-something med student doing her Urology rotation.

"Dear Playboy....... " (not!)
    When I was in college, I ended up in the ER, and they had to use a urinary catheter on me, among other things.

While laying in bed, totally uncovered with a catheter hanging out, a nursing student comes in to ask for my insurance card.

The nursing student happened to be the hot blonde that sat in front of me in literature class.

I had to tell her to get the insurance card out of my pants, which were laying in the floor.

That was 15 years ago, and I still don't like to think about it.

Ever have to fart on an elevator? Well, this guy did and that he did just prior to exiting on the bottom floor while leaving work on a Friday evening. This new guy left it for someone else to find in a sort or fart lottery. No one would know he did it and so his mischievous afterthought would go unsolved. It was successful.

A few weeks later, this strapping young man boarded that same elevator headed for the brass floor up top. He hopped in, pressed the button, and quickly realized his predicament. There was no way someone didn't literally shit themselves in that elevator but for him it was too late. The doors had closed enough to seal his fate so he held his breath and waited for the few seconds of travel it typically takes. A few moments later, the doors open. Eye to eye with the hot-tempered COO, his blood runs cold. He steps out and the COO steps in. He feels his career begin to crumble. He takes a few more steps as the doors begin to close. This is it for the young man, he just knows it. With the doors shutting and the last few words muffled, the COO shouts "GOD DAMN, KID! GO SEE A DOCTOR!"

*No recent graduates were harmed in this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    When I was in college, I ended up in the ER, and they had to use a urinary catheter on me, among other things.

While laying in bed, totally uncovered with a catheter hanging out, a nursing student comes in to ask for my insurance card.

The nursing student happened to be the hot blonde that sat in front of me in literature class.

I had to tell her to get the insurance card out of my pants, which were laying in the floor.

That was 15 years ago, and I still don't like to think about it.
    A rare situation with a hot blonde in which you find yourself not wanting to get out of your pants. (I wonder if she still thinks about it? )

A rare situation with a hot blonde in which you find yourself not wanting to get out of your pants. (I wonder if she still thinks about it? )

I went to a show at the Coffeehouse at Duke sometime around 93-94. Was there to see a local band. They had a good gig, but the opening Australian band was "experimental," and pretty much unlistenable. After the show, I went out to the back porch to have a smoke and I ran into an acquaintance who was chatting with three guys I didn't recognize.

He asked me what I thought of the show.

"Archers were good, but that other band sure came a long way to suck!"

Of course, he was chatting with the opening band.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    This took place at a bar/coffee shop/ bookstore I used to frequent when I was in college.

I was pretty well into my beers as it were and really needed to take a piss. I also had Moon River stuck in my head, and when the skinny horse drinks he likes to sing. So as I go to open up the door of the single toilet bathroom I’m in the middle of belting out “Moooon Riiiver!” when low and behold I’m making eye contact with some poor 18 or 19 year old kid taking a shit. I would describe his expression as one of terror and embarrassment. I calmly shut the door and told him he should lock it the next time he’s in there. After getting over the shock I decided it was hilarious, he’s probably never been able to shit in an unlocked bathroom again.

User Tag List