Thread: Price check: South African .308 battlepacks, Malay linked .308

Price check: South African .308 battlepacks, Malay linked .308

I found a couple of battlepacks and a can of linked Malay .308 I forgot I had. Looks like commercial .308 is starting at about $0.50/rd, what's the going rate nowadays for foreign surplus? I need to decide if I'm going to hang on to this stuff even though I don't have a .308 anymore, nor do I have plans for anything that eats surplus .308.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I think you can definitely sell the SA battlepack ammo for $0.50-0.55/round. The Malay stuff is probably $0.50. I would get rid of it. You will be able to get it back in 6 months when the prices are lower and people are selling off their panic buy 308s to pay the bills before Christmas (sad to say).

True enough!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Given the current situation I'd gladly buy battle packs for .50-60/rd. Cheapest equivalent currently on SG Ammo is PPU battlepacks (new production) for .65/rd.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

There's a list on the M14 Forums called "cheapest 7.62 surplus on the internet" that has the south african stuff listed at .75 cents per round.

However, last I saw it was updated sometime in 2018.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List