Thread: HK45 Not Locking Back with Suppressor

HK45 Not Locking Back with Suppressor

Just got back from the range testing my newest toy, a Ti-Rant 45M on my HK45. The 45M is modular meaning you can have it in a long or short config. In the long config, the slide on my HK45 doesn't back on an empty mag; I am positive I was not inducing the error and never have had this issue before. With the short config it locked back every time.

Is this normal? I am assuming either the additional weight up front, or the additional slide velocity from the increased blowback, or both, are to blame, but I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about or not. If the suppressor was ever put into a defensive role it would be in the short config anyway, but if there is something I can do (different RSA, etc) to resolve it I'd be interested.
    Join FPC

How freely does the piston move when you work it forward? It may be on the edge where the extra weight plays a role. May just need to clean and lube the o-ring and booster housing.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    How freely does the piston move when you work it forward? It may be on the edge where the extra weight plays a role. May just need to clean and lube the o-ring and booster housing.
    +1 to this, the function of a Browning tilting barrel-type gun is really sensitive to how well the piston can move in a can with a Nielson device...I found this out the hard way with a very similar question. It might not totally fix it but it'll help.

Wear googles when shooting, so the excess oil you squirt onto the piston/o-ring doesn't blind you until the excess is blown off. Either that or use some kind of dry lube, though I don't know how long those would last. https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-99901.../dp/B007TNXGMK - Hornady One Shot cleaner & lube - seems to work pretty well for me, but YMMV; I haven't tried it on a piston yet. Maybe a project for this weekend hmm..

Ok thanks, will try and report back.
    Join FPC

User Tag List