Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns That Delivered Way more than Expected

Glock 43X
    VP9
    Sig Rattler and everything else I have in .300 BLK
    My Brockman pre-64 Model 70 .300WM
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glock 43X
    VP9
    Sig Rattler and everything else I have in .300 BLK
    My Brockman pre-64 Model 70 .300WM
    I'd guess that anything Brockman worked over could easily fall into this category.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Glock 42
    Glock 19x
    Sig P365xl
    BCM Recce 14
    Bergara B14 HMR
    Bergara B14 Ridge

All of these exceeded my expectations for them handily.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Glock 45 (9mm ).

Hands down the best Glock. Very concealable and accurate with the capacity of a full size Glock 17. I like the Gen 5 orange followers and the slightly flared mag well. When I first got the 45 I was indifferent on the front cocking serrations but I’ve grown to like them.

IMHO, this is the best Glock on the market, especially for a LE duty gun.

Agree. I’m really liking mine. Should have 3000 rounds on it soon.

Name:  9C54052F-B9BA-4BF3-9D5F-1BFDDDF2FA61.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  38.4 KB

The G17.4 it replaced has impressed me also.

Name:  22BF0538-F044-47B1-9057-F0132626123E.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  30.7 KB

Fifty yards is nothing for that pistol. Defoor sights and Talon grips are the only thing not stock.

Name:  1CF8F248-A771-40BE-BE28-DB8F2FC0B9FD.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  40.2 KB

Great pistols.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    I shot a SigPro 2340 that was considerably better than any p226 or P229. The trigger was incredible, the accuracy was incredible, it was unstoppable...I really don't know how Sig didn't sell a boatload of them or the 2022s.

I've never shot a gun more accurately than a Smith and Wesson Model 57 with an 8 3/8" barrel. I basically think of it like a small PDW. It's also capable of running incredibly hot loads with no pain at all. I've flattened primers in rounds that were comfortable to shoot. I took a 12 year old kid and had him ringing an 8 inch plate at 50 yards with his first shots.

The RRA Polymer 1911 is badass.

I was also highly surprised by how good my Springfield RO is in terms of accuracy.

And I'm gonna eat a little crow because I mentioned how I was disappointed in Glocks, but I should have clarified that I meant 9mm Glocks.

Because outside of some well executed 1911s, the most accurate .45 I've ever shot was a Glock 21. It's insane how accurate the .45 Glocks are. If anything it's why the 9mm Glocks disappointed me so much. I expected that same level of accuracy and never ever saw it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I've never shot a gun more accurately than a Smith and Wesson Model 57 with an 8 3/8" barrel. I basically think of it like a small PDW. It's also capable of running incredibly hot loads with no pain at all. I've flattened primers in rounds that were comfortable to shoot. I took a 12 year old kid and had him ringing an 8 inch plate at 50 yards with his first shots.
    You can't buy skill but you can buy an 8 3/8" Smith. They shoot like rifles because they have roughly the same sight radius as a 10/22 or a Winchester 94.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Tikka T3X Varmint 223 1-8. Very nice shooting rifle for attractive price.

The CZ SP01. That gun is YUGE a buddy bought one, and we’re at the range and I’m teasing him about his new boat anchor. He hands me a couple of mags and the gun and says, “Run the plate rack.” The rack was our buddy’s sub-gun plate rack, which generally required two rapid hits with a 9mm to drop the plate. I lined up at 10 yards and cleaned the rack faster than I’d ever shot it with a pistol, almost as fast as a full auto. Then I did it again and again and again and again...

I really should buy an SP01 and maybe a P01. Dat Urban Grey Omega P01 is pretty hot.

HK MP5 - It’s like the most boring gun on the planet to shoot, because it works, puts bullets where you want them and works. But because it works really well, you can do retarded level shooting things with it, without thinking.

The Smith Airweight J-Frame in .38, pick your model. All of them should suck. All of them. Light, short, nasty little bitches with recoil, odd shapes that aren’t ergonomic, shitty sights. Yet, I’ve not had one yet that couldn’t shoot <2” at 25, or didn’t work. Sure, my hand might go numb after 50 full power rounds, but for the first 20 rounds it’s fine. I only ever carry one reload anyways. It’s a dumb gun that is antiquated and should be completely supplanted by modern pieces. And yet...they aren’t.

Daniel Defense Mk18.

Mainly because I read for years on the internet about how Mk18s are unreliable, break often, and recoil harsher than 11.5 guns.

So far they've been extremely reliable and have felt recoil on par with a .22 Magnum, or similar to my BCM 14.5" midlengths I previously owned. The older Mod 0/CQBR we have recoils more like an M4, but the DD is a ridiculously sweet shooting piece. The biggest thing that has impacted their parts breakages is the cleaning regimen. When our weapons repairmen were able to convince the firearms instructors to stop making students scrape the shit out of parts ala military style (many of our FTU instructors being prior .mil), our parts breakages went from "these guns have a habit to breaking" to "these guns never break".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    When the VP9 came out, I bought two in anticipation that it was the Glock killer. After the Gen 4 ejection/extraction problems I felt good about ditching my Gen 3 and 4 Glocks.

Fast forward to 2019 (Wish we could go back), I started to dabble with some Gen 5 Glocks in the rental case. Since then I have bought a couple G45’s and 19’s. Color me impressed.

The accuracy of the Gen 5 is on par with the P30 and VP9. The reliability has been “Glock Perfection,” and the ejection is strong and consistent.

I like the lack of finger grooves on the grip, and the beavertail back straps are a great option.

For the price, I don’t think one can beat the value of a Gen 5 Glock with Bold sights for defensive purposes. With a Blue Label price of $476 or civilian price of around $620, there is not a better option for the price IMHO.

User Tag List