Thread: P80 build, slide binding/tight

P80 build, slide binding/tight

Put together a P80 G19 build with this kit (https://www.80-lower.com/products/pi...dgun-lock-box/), and everything went smoothly, save for the slide is very tight. I oiled everything up and just racked it over and over... And over and over. Still tight. At first I had to slam the back of the slide to get it to rack a snap cap, but now it'll do it most of the time. Anyone have experience with these? I'm afraid to trim or cut anywhere and wind up bricking the whole thing. I don't have an OEM slide to swap out and troubleshoot. Should I just run steel wool through the slide rails a bit at a time? I was also debating taking down some of the finish on the contact points on the slide itself.
    Retired artillery grunt. Lover of ARs.

No experience with them, but maybe lapping compound?

Quote Originally Posted by 13JFO View Post
    Put together a P80 G19 build with this kit (https://www.80-lower.com/products/pi...dgun-lock-box/), and everything went smoothly, save for the slide is very tight. I oiled everything up and just racked it over and over... And over and over. Still tight. At first I had to slam the back of the slide to get it to rack a snap cap, but now it'll do it most of the time. Anyone have experience with these? I'm afraid to trim or cut anywhere and wind up bricking the whole thing. I don't have an OEM slide to swap out and troubleshoot. Should I just run steel wool through the slide rails a bit at a time? I was also debating taking down some of the finish on the contact points on the slide itself.

My first P80 build right after the compact frames came out, the stamping for the rear rails was tall. I wound up calling P80 and telling them, and they shipped me a new rear rail immediately...I think they may know that it could be an issue, depending on the age of the kit. With the new rail, the thing runs %100 with an older Dasan-era Lone Wolf slide.

If you're pretty sure it's the rear rail, give P80 a call, I think they'll take care of you.

Site Supporter
    This Johnny Glock video may be helpful?

--Jason--

I had the same problem.

Turned out that if you have to push in the rear frame rail, you'd be a couple 1000ths too wide in the back.

Remove the rear rail, flex it together until there is almost no resistance putting it into the frame, fix in place, and then run it. Mine has been running 100% since then. Incidentally, non-Glock slides seem tighter on the rails too.

Quote Originally Posted by homeyclaus View Post
    I had the same problem.

Turned out that if you have to push in the rear frame rail, you'd be a couple 1000ths too wide in the back.

Remove the rear rail, flex it together until there is almost no resistance putting it into the frame, fix in place, and then run it. Mine has been running 100% since then. Incidentally, non-Glock slides seem tighter on the rails too.
    Much appreciated, I'm going to try this later and see how it works out.
    Retired artillery grunt. Lover of ARs.

This guy has the best videos on building and troubleshooting the Polymer 80 that I have seen:
    https://gunstreamer.com/search?q=mar...0gun%20builder

User Tag List