Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo Price History Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Fair point! But maybe someone needs 45 ammo, or 10mm ammo, or shotgun ammo!
    Actually I’m the one that’s wrong

I do want to say thanks for not starting the 239th “RFI” thread this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Actually I’m the one that’s wrong

I do want to say thanks for not starting the 239th “RFI” thread this week.
    Smell's like a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Anyone know of an ammo price history tool? Looking for some data to better inform myself.
    There are some sites that have "Ammo Deals" sub-forums where people post what they paid for different calibers. The cost trends could be seen by going back however far you'd like and start reading posts.

Keith

300 AAC/BLK, Early 2018 & Early 2020

300 AAC/BLK was rare, and expensive, in early 2018, when there was no coronaobamahillary scare, and is rare, and expensive, now, that there is a coronascare, and electile dysfunction. I know, because I bought a DDM4V7P in early 2018, then found the price of training ammo to be daunting, and was unable to get enough of any one defensive load to do meaningful function and accuracy testing. In early 2020, I pulled my DDM4V7P from its storage place, thinking about trading it for something that shoots 7.62 NATO, and then stopped to reconsider, especially as I see that 300 AAC/BLK is now trendy, among respected P-F members. Well, guess what; along comes coronascare, about the time I can budget for adding ammo. I managed to score a few boxes, but again, accumulating enough of any one defensive load is an elusive target. Today, the DDM4V7P is about to go to the back of the big safe, and will again be in danger of being traded, for a weapon that shoots meat-and-potatoes ammo.

I endured this same thing, in the Eighties, when struggling to find adequate ammo, at any price, for my .41 Magnum duty/carry revolvers. Even lead practice ammo was rare, and expensive. Why do I do this, to myself?

Snowflake ammo, for Snowflake weapons. Sigh.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

use the internet archive... thewaybackmachine.com

enter a webpage, sgammo.com as an example.

( Oct. 2011 example )

https://web.archive.org/web/20111006...mm-9x19?page=1

User Tag List