Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Average, Kind of Meh Guns

Average, Kind of Meh Guns

A companion thread to the one about Disappointing Guns.

But, instead of disappointment and feelings of letdown, this is for the ones you didn't expect much from... and pretty much got what you expected.
    No real excitement when you got it, and no real sense of loss or regret when it left. No exciting tales of spectacular jams or painful ergos.

For me:
    -CZ P-07
    -S&W M&P 1.0 Compact
    -S&W 5946
    -Winchester 94 30/30
    -Yugo Mauser K-98
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Pretty much anything C&R.

Site Supporter
    Anything milsurp. The Garand was the biggest meh.
    Full auto guns.

Chris

M&P, VP9.

Glock
    David S.

I love guns so much it doesn’t come up a lot, but to be frank I have a really weird relationship with J frames that comes closest to ennui. They really are still the kings of their role, but in my world the probability of needing a BUG is so far fetched that I can’t call it that, and no matter how AARP I am some days I can’t call it a reasonable primary. So I get these things and they live in my safe and I kind of sigh at them once in a while.
    Ignore Alien Orders

P30, P30L, no matter what grip combo I tried the things twist in my hand and I cannot do good work with one

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    But, instead of disappointment and feelings of letdown, this is for the ones you didn't expect much from... and pretty much got what you expected.
    No real excitement when you got it, and no real sense of loss or regret when it left. No exciting tales of spectacular jams or painful ergos.
    4th and 5th Gen Glocks.

Any rimfire acquired after the age of about 14. Well, I might have been excited about the Ruger 10/22 takedown for some reason, but if so I got over it.

Any pump shotgun, with the exception of one I inherited.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Glock
    Exacly.

I got a 19 because that what "everybody was carrying." My entire experience with it was "meh." Of course, that's what I expected. Glock is the perfect "meh" gun (Glock perfection!), but, man they work, and everyone has holsters and accessories for them.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I love guns so much it doesn’t come up a lot, but to be frank I have a really weird relationship with J frames that comes closest to ennui. They really are still the kings of their role, but in my world the probability of needing a BUG is so far fetched that I can’t call it that, and no matter how AARP I am some days I can’t call it a reasonable primary. So I get these things and they live in my safe and I kind of sigh at them once in a while.
    This.

I learned to shoot on a pre-34 Kit Gun with serial number "01xx". It was ideal when my hands were smaller, but now my hands are just a bit too big for them. When I add grips to make them bigger, they're almost the size of a K-frame. I love them for what they are and what they do, but they're not for me any more.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List