Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSL Phoenix

GSL Phoenix

Someone give me a reason to not buy this.

Or, lacking that, general thoughts are welcome.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

If its going on a MP5 (or variant) then do it.

I’d go Dead Air Wolf.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If its going on a MP5 (or variant) then do it.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking fullsize, not a K.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d go Dead Air Wolf.
    Any reasons why? Seems like nothing can compete with the 2" body. This would be dedicated to an MP5 (or other PCCs, at most), if that changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Any reasons why? Seems like nothing can compete with the 2" body. This would be dedicated to an MP5 (or other PCCs, at most), if that changes things.
    IMO, the advantage that the Wolfman has is that it's smaller and modular (the rifle rating is a gimmick to me, since I am of the opinion that one should just have dedicated cans). But since you're gonna be sticking it on a full-sized PCC rather than prioritizing size, I don't see much advantage to the Wolfman as a dedicated can with a single host.

Something like an MP5K-PDW or CZ Evo Micro with the Wolfman in short configuration would be pretty neat, with the option of suppressing better if needed in the long configuration. With something as big as a normal MP5, it becomes less of an issue, IMO, though obviously some folks are still fans of small cans in general.

Pulled the trigger on the Phoenix.

'dat girthy boi.

Site Supporter
    Since I have an SP-5 on layaway, this is on my radar as well. I’m eager to hear your review.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the Phoenix.

'dat girthy boi.
    I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for feedback. @TGS, what do you think of the Phoenix? I'm considering one for a dedicated sub-gun can on an incoming MP5 clone.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for feedback. @TGS, what do you think of the Phoenix? I'm considering one for a dedicated sub-gun can on an incoming MP5 clone.
    Only shot it once with @jc000 on his SP5. An unforeseen lack of faithfulness by my prior spouse led to some extra financial expenditures in life, so I haven't gotten around to buying the host yet

With that said, the hype is real and if you're trying to imagine how big it is, it's as big you're imagining and then some. This is to suppressors what the Lynx 50BMG bullpup rifle is to entry carbines....totally awesome, totally overboard.

Site Supporter
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Sorry to hear about the infidelity, but I guess it's better to learn about it sooner rather than later. If you're in the market for an MP5 clone anytime soon, the Century AP5 (MKE) is reportedly one of the better ones for the price, and they're running a $200 rebate until the end of August.

User Tag List