Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New (Law Enforcement) M&P9 2.0 Optics Ready 5 inch pistol

Just curious, do the m&p 2.0s have any known issues or deficiencies ? Any big agency running them to gather any data?

I feel the original m&p had so much potential, but it was like S&W dropped the ball, plus the whole accuracy issue.

These new 2.0 5inch pistols seem nice.

@Duke did you do anything to the trigger on either of yours?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @Duke did you do anything to the trigger on either of yours?
    I have 3.

All have Wolf 15lbs springs and uncaptured rods

The 2 PC are stock - I adjusted the overtravel stop to suit me. They’re in the 4lb 6-8oz range.

Another is a compact 2.0 frame and Pc core slide. It measured 3lbs 6oz out of the box as If it had been dry fired 10k at the gun store. If it had an over travel stop it would be better.

After 2011’s I’m totally unmotivated to seek mass improvements on M&p triggers.

The curved stock unit doesn’t vex my soul like it does to other folks.

Sort of want to order up all the apex versions to try but something tells I’ll still find someway to complain about them.

I’m at 5500 rounds in 50 ish days on one of them. 4 light strikes on a batch of S&B. Other than that no issues.

Unaware of any major agencies using them but that doesn’t carry a lot of weight for me.

Remember some agency said the old Dpps were gtg with great battery life

LAPD is still issuing 1.0s with good result.
    LASD was issuing 1.0s but last I heard it's transitioning to 2.0 with the new academy classes.

These are two of the largest agencies in the world.
    The M&Ps is a mature and proven platform at this point, really the only issue outstanding is the poor accuracy from the 1.0 9mm model with certain bullet weights.

I wish S&W would have kept the pronounced beavertail. Or, if public opinion was that it was too long, at least a slightly shorter one. That beavertail was one of the things I liked about the 1.0 and think the 2.0 is flawed without it.

Otherwise a solid solid entry into a saturated market.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Beavertail 1.0 vs 2.0

I too miss the beavertail on my M&P 45 full-size 2.0. For me, the beavertail helps to anchor the pistol between my thumb and forefinger. It's the only change I would make to the 2.0. The more aggressive grip texture does help mitigate the lack of a B/T. Seems like I read the B/T was dropped when S&W submitted the pistol for military evaluation......an overall length dimension thingy.......but I don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I too miss the beavertail on my M&P 45 full-size 2.0. For me, the beavertail helps to anchor the pistol between my thumb and forefinger. It's the only change I would make to the 2.0. The more aggressive grip texture does help mitigate the lack of a B/T. Seems like I read the B/T was dropped when S&W submitted the pistol for military evaluation......an overall length dimension thingy.......but I don't know for sure.
    Likely miculek was as big a factor.

He likes the small beaver so if he misses the grip on the draw he can still get to shooting

Mix and matched parts -

Here is a “2.0” PC. Sku 11831

This is 100% a 1.0 slide - with the old optic cut. The plates are too long being for the 2.0 optic cut.

Just pulled this out of the box and realized it’s not marked “2.0” on the slide like my others.

Buck at CHPWS told me on the phone S&w has no idea which gun is which so, mic your optic cut before you order a plate

Name:  E7E31909-69A7-4947-BD60-1C1B949137E5.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  98EA6444-0003-474D-85D3-C6356CA7ECE9.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  36.8 KB

Thanks for putting the M&P 2.0 CORE ported on my radar, @Duke. Even if I have to measure a couple things.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Thanks for putting the M&P 2.0 CORE ported on my radar, @Duke. Even if I have to measure a couple things.
    As an inexpensive mass produced plastic gun it’s really pretty good.

Replace the recoil spring, get a chwps plate and roll on

User Tag List