Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New (Law Enforcement) M&P9 2.0 Optics Ready 5 inch pistol

I really like how they’ve improved the forward serrations from just the tiny little strip when they first released the 2.0 series.

Is anyone making good steel or aluminum mounting plates for the CORE mount? How’s accuracy out to 25yds (when you get to shoot it of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I really like how they’ve improved the forward serrations from just the tiny little strip when they first released the 2.0 series.

Is anyone making good steel or aluminum mounting plates for the CORE mount? How’s accuracy out to 25yds (when you get to shoot it of course)?
    Re. the plates here’s what Nick said earlier in his post “The CORE option cut out has been revised and is approximately .050" longer than that on my 2019 4.25" LE CORE. The factory spacer plates are now made of plastic instead of metal. Thankfully C&H Precision has already made a new "V2" plate for the 2020 CORE pistols: http://www.chpws.com/product/sw-perf...2-508t-508t-v2

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Re. the plates here’s what Nick said earlier in his post “The CORE option cut out has been revised and is approximately .050" longer than that on my 2019 4.25" LE CORE. The factory spacer plates are now made of plastic instead of metal. Thankfully C&H Precision has already made a new "V2" plate for the 2020 CORE pistols: http://www.chpws.com/product/sw-perf...2-508t-508t-v2
    DERP! Somehow missed that, sorry. Thanks for the heads up. But $&@!ing plastic though?! Seriously?! WTF S&W?!

That is an outstanding M2.0. This will be my next M&P for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    DERP! Somehow missed that, sorry. Thanks for the heads up. But $&@!ing plastic though?! Seriously?! WTF S&W?!
    For reference, here is a 2019 CORE “V1” plate from C&H Precision on my new 2020 5” Optic Ready:

Name:  B065004C-237D-499E-8524-FBBF8E1EE4B5.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  46.9 KB
    Name:  48AAE4EE-00F5-4165-88E6-D2679B2DAB6F.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  37.7 KB

You can see the .050” gap toward the muzzle end due to the longer cutout on the 2020 Optic Ready/CORE footprint. The new “V2” C&H plate will fill that gap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I noticed they have an optics ready compact listed as well. Unfortunate that they are le only. As much as i like my m&p's, they don't seem to care about meeting consumer needs in a timely fashion.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...forcement-only
    I have 2 of the ported 11831 2.0 optic ready.

Not LE only just use the PC sku. 11831 11826 etc

https://www.smith-wesson.com/performance-center

Damn, I'll need to get one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I have 2 of the ported 11831 2.0 optic ready.

Not LE only just use the PC sku. 11831 11826 etc

https://www.smith-wesson.com/performance-center
    I've started seeing them around finally and will end up with a pro series. I was more whining about them being slow with getting the compact variant to market and it being le only, plus the le versions having full front serrations, which i find useful but can live without. As much as I'll bitch, I'll still end up buying so it's really just catharsis. I doubt I'll be leaving the m&p anytime soon.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Put tungsten powder in the grip and you have a competition pistol for USPSA's / IDPA's "Poor Man's Open" (CO).

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I've started seeing them around finally and will end up with a pro series. I was more whining about them being slow with getting the compact variant to market and it being le only, plus the le versions having full front serrations, which i find useful but can live without. As much as I'll bitch, I'll still end up buying so it's really just catharsis. I doubt I'll be leaving the m&p anytime soon.
    Concur

Smith is doing some wierd stuff

The gun on CHPWS site is one of mine, sent to Buck When I got hands on it.

Of 2 identical 11831 (ported 4.25 core) one had a 1.0 cover plate and polymer optic plates. The other had a correctly fitted cover plate and 1.0 aluminum plate which - as stated-are shorter than the 2.0 and leave a gap.

I’ve not bothered the chpws guys about what they’re making. Sort of hoping not only for the gap to be filled but for a defender style plate for the RMR on the 2.0.

User Tag List