Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New (Law Enforcement) M&P9 2.0 Optics Ready 5 inch pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The non ported 5” 2.0 core version is SKu 11828

There are 8 of them on GB right now
    That one is close but not the same. I like the FSS and trigger of the LE.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    That one is close but not the same. I like the FSS and trigger of the LE.
    Copy that.

Yea I was overlooking those

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Just picked this up on Monday. I ordered it almost exactly 3 months ago from my local LE S&W dealer here in IL. SKU# on this model is: 12661

Production date was two weeks ago. May have been one of the first of the new LE pistols shipped since they were announced @ Shot show in January. First one I've seen other than posted on FB & IG by Brandon Wright who is a LE rep for S&W and a member of team S&W.

The new LE market pistols no longer have "CORE" or the CORE logo engraved on the slide. They are no longer listed as "CORE" pistols either. The LE guns are now "Optics Ready".

The CORE option cut out has been revised and is approximately .050" longer than that on my 2019 4.25" LE CORE. The factory spacer plates are now made of plastic instead of metal. Thankfully C&H Precision has already made a new "V2" plate for the 2020 CORE pistols: http://www.chpws.com/product/sw-perf...2-508t-508t-v2

Also new is the additional forward slide serrations, and a new more pronounced slide stop lever.

I had all of the following additions on-hand and ready to install as soon as the gun arrived:

Trijicon SRO (2.5MOA)
    C&H Precision RMR/SRO CORE plate
    APEX Poly/Curved Duty Carry Trigger Kit
    HYVE extended magazine release
    Ed Brown (Floyd's Customs) magwell

Before mods:
    Attachment 53916 Attachment 53917

After mods:
    Attachment 53918 Attachment 53919

How’s the 5” track in recoil? Hoping you say super flat with no nose dive when the slide closes.

My progress with the 4.25” is Promising.

I don’t think I can expect it to be flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    How’s the 5” track in recoil? Hoping you say super flat with no nose dive when the slide closes.

My progress with the 4.25” is Promising.

I don’t think I can expect it to be flatter.

Looks good man!

I’ll get some video next range session. Your results will likely be better than mine due to my jacked up hands (trigger finger release surgery on a few of my digits), but I was able to pull off two consecutive sub 5sec FAST tests the other day during my first range session with the 5” which is something I have never been able to do consistently in the past with any of my Glocks or M&Ps. It does feel a bit softer shooting to me. I might try a slightly lighter recoil spring assembly to see how it functions.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-23-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Speaking of M&P recoil springs...

Anyone know what the factory weight is for the 5” 2.0 and what is the lightest weight spring that will run reliably with 147gr duty and training ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Speaking of M&P recoil springs...

Anyone know what the factory weight is for the 5” 2.0 and what is the lightest weight spring that will run reliably with 147gr duty and training ammo?
    Haven’t shot a 5” at all.

The 4 and 4.25 are over sprung imo. 18lbs I think is factory for them.

The 4” is soft at 13lb.

I’d wager the 5 will run at 14-15....depending on how much slide lightening actually took place in the new design

User Tag List