Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New (Law Enforcement) M&P9 2.0 Optics Ready 5 inch pistol

New (Law Enforcement) M&P9 2.0 Optics Ready 5 inch pistol

Just picked this up on Monday. I ordered it almost exactly 3 months ago from my local LE S&W dealer here in IL. SKU# on this model is: 12661

Production date was two weeks ago. May have been one of the first of the new LE pistols shipped since they were announced @ Shot show in January. First one I've seen other than posted on FB & IG by Brandon Wright who is a LE rep for S&W and a member of team S&W.

The new LE market pistols no longer have "CORE" or the CORE logo engraved on the slide. They are no longer listed as "CORE" pistols either. The LE guns are now "Optics Ready".

The CORE option cut out has been revised and is approximately .050" longer than that on my 2019 4.25" LE CORE. The factory spacer plates are now made of plastic instead of metal. Thankfully C&H Precision has already made a new "V2" plate for the 2020 CORE pistols: http://www.chpws.com/product/sw-perf...2-508t-508t-v2

Also new is the additional forward slide serrations, and a new more pronounced slide stop lever.

I had all of the following additions on-hand and ready to install as soon as the gun arrived:

Trijicon SRO (2.5MOA)
    C&H Precision RMR/SRO CORE plate
    APEX Poly/Curved Duty Carry Trigger Kit
    HYVE extended magazine release
    Ed Brown (Floyd's Customs) magwell

Before mods:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bed.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  69.9 KB Name:  fullsizeoutput_3be8.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  48.7 KB

After mods:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bfa.jpg
Views: 2715
Size:  100.0 KB Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bf9.jpg
Views: 2777
Size:  99.9 KB
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Man, I just got a G17.5 MOS, but that is slick.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I noticed they have an optics ready compact listed as well. Unfortunate that they are le only. As much as i like my m&p's, they don't seem to care about meeting consumer needs in a timely fashion.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...forcement-only
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I noticed they have an optics ready compact listed as well. Unfortunate that they are le only. As much as i like my m&p's, they don't seem to care about meeting consumer needs in a timely fashion.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...forcement-only
    Honestly, S&W has been equally as bad for the LE community with a timely release of the guns we want. I’m hoping they have finally gotten their shit together and start producing these guns for both markets in mass in a time manner.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-13-2020 at 07:44 PM.

They supposedly improved the trigger on these new LE 2.0’s. It seemed maybe a little bit lighter with the factory set-up. With the APEX Poly/Curved Duty Carry Kit installed it feels wonderful in dryfire. Hope to get to shoot it tonight at work.

Which Safariland duty holster works with this new optics ready model? I have the 4.25 inch version and still haven't purchased a holster for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Just picked this up on Monday. I ordered it almost exactly 3 months ago from my local LE S&W dealer here in IL. SKU# on this model is: 12661

Production date was two weeks ago. May have been one of the first of the new LE pistols shipped since they were announced @ Shot show in January. First one I've seen other than posted on FB & IG by Brandon Wright who is a LE rep for S&W and a member of team S&W.

The new LE market pistols no longer have "CORE" or the CORE logo engraved on the slide. They are no longer listed as "CORE" pistols either. The LE guns are now "Optics Ready".

The CORE option cut out has been revised and is approximately .050" longer than that on my 2019 4.25" LE CORE. The factory spacer plates are now made of plastic instead of metal. Thankfully C&H Precision has already made a new "V2" plate for the 2020 CORE pistols: http://www.chpws.com/product/sw-perf...2-508t-508t-v2

Also new is the additional forward slide serrations, and a new more pronounced slide stop lever.

I had all of the following additions on-hand and ready to install as soon as the gun arrived:

Trijicon SRO (2.5MOA)
    C&H Precision RMR/SRO CORE plate
    APEX Poly/Curved Duty Carry Trigger Kit
    HYVE extended magazine release
    Ed Brown (Floyd's Customs) magwell

Before mods:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bed.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  69.9 KB Name:  fullsizeoutput_3be8.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  48.7 KB

After mods:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bfa.jpg
Views: 2715
Size:  100.0 KB Name:  fullsizeoutput_3bf9.jpg
Views: 2777
Size:  99.9 KB
    Very nice!

Aren’t you worried that SRO will get you killed on da streetz.

Kidding aside, why An SRO over an RMR?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Aren’t you worried that SRO will get you killed on da streetz.

Kidding aside, why An SRO over an RMR?
    Bigger window, clearer glass, and top-load battery are what I prefer over the RMR.

I have over 9k rounds total on two different SROs that I’ve been running for the past 10 months on my duty & off duty pistols. I have attended & taught classes with the SRO. I’ve carried an SRO on-duty in a patrol assignment over that 10 month period on a Glock MOS and now more recently M&P CORE, and a direct milled application.

As I’ve said before, I believe the benefits of the SRO outweigh the overhyped durability concerns parroted by people who watched a YouTube video and don't actually own an SRO and likely never even shot with one.

At this point I have total confidence in the SRO.

That...... Is nice.

User Tag List