Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you using in your subgun/PCC?

The Micro has a <8” barrel, right? Treat it like a big handgun. Load it with a quality HP that hits where your practice ammo hits.

At less than 12” you’re not likely to pick up enough steam to force 9mm bullets past their parameters. If you think you are - a quality bonded HP, a monolithic HP (Barnes), or something like the Hornady XTP might be the way to go. I’d have to check, but I think the 16” AR9 by the bed is loaded with Fiocchi’s loading of the XTP. That profile has no feed issues, shoots to the same spot 115-grain ball does, and I’m reasonably sure the XTP design won’t fragment when being pushed out to 1400fps.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Micro has a <8” barrel, right? Treat it like a big handgun. Load it with a quality HP that hits where your practice ammo hits.

At less than 12” you’re not likely to pick up enough steam to force 9mm bullets past their parameters. If you think you are - a quality bonded HP, a monolithic HP (Barnes), or something like the Hornady XTP might be the way to go. I’d have to check, but I think the 16” AR9 by the bed is loaded with Fiocchi’s loading of the XTP. That profile has no feed issues, shoots to the same spot 115-grain ball does, and I’m reasonably sure the XTP design won’t fragment when being pushed out to 1400fps.
    Yes, 4” barrel. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
    Yes, 4” barrel. Thanks.
    With a 4” barrel, I’d choose the same thing I shoot in 4” service pistols, 147-grain HST.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    With a 4” barrel, I’d choose the same thing I shoot in 4” service pistols, 147-grain HST.
    Thanks. It looks like I have some magazines to reload...

User Tag List