Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with the new CEO of Taurus

Taurus guns used to be, circa 1985-7, a truly high quality bargain, and I had their copies of the Smith J-frame (their Model 85) and of the Beretta 92F, both of which were flawless.

It's a shame that subsequent management let their reputation go down the toilet, especially for QC.

It would be great if a new CEO could revive the company into something that gun aficianados would respect.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    I have a Taurus Raging Bull in 480. I love it. I bought it as my backpacking in bear country gun before I knew much about handguns. Can't wait to see Taurus shed it's negative reputation so I'm not as embarrassed to pull it out at the range!

Site Supporter
    I would like to see more done with 856 like.

A concealed hammer ultra light , adjustable sights and a special PF model in 32.

Seems they have removed the internal locks from some of their guns, which is a real plus. If the QC is good, then they become a real option in my opinion.

I need to email Vorhees all my brilliant ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The new CEO of Taurus USA is a friend of mine from when he worked with Walther. So of course I wanted to get him on and talk about what he hopes to do at Taurus. It's a short interview, about 40 minutes long, but I really hope he does great things there.

Thanks, I always enjoy your interviews! I look forward to checking it out when I have time.

Next time you get a chance to talk with your friend, please consider asking him to do with Gen3 9mm Glocks what they did with Berettas........the time has come.......it is known........pmags............pmags............pmags..........
    Last edited by frozentundra; 05-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Was hoping you'd ask him about the 856 Defender. But was disappointed.
    That's their new little fixed sight 6 shot small frame gun, right? More on that will be coming out later

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    @jetfire - Since you're in contact with them, maybe you could suggest they make the bobbed hammer from the 856CH available as an accessory part that people could put into their non-CH 856s, including the Defenders. I have been saying for years that S&W is dumb for not tooling a bobbed MIM hammer and marketing it as a drop-in part. Taurus has it in inventory, just needs to catalog it.

They should post accurate data on the web site. Weights for both aluminum and stainless Defenders appear to be significantly in error.

Also, I think they'd sell the heck out of this grip

https://www.shoptaurus.com/revolver-...ber-grip-4-416

if it was available in grey, or black, or FDE, or OD, or brown, or pretty much anything but pink.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-20-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Fixing Taurus will be expensive and may require retooling. Most definitely retraining will be necessary. I think it will be a bigger task of trying to sell democratic government to Arab countries. The company has a decades long institutional mediocrity that has now become a culture of incompetence.

Watching the video now. Encouraging so far!

I definitely learned new stuff about modern MIM parts---obviously I have not kept up on manufacturing techniques!

The biggest complaint from my friend who works in a gun shop is the customer service! My boy has positive things to say about most manufacturers he has to deal with, except Taurus.

(The bit about Taurus marketing made me think about how my boy says he could move way more Rock Island Armory guns if customers had a clue who they were.)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Watching the video now. Encouraging so far!

I definitely learned new stuff about modern MIM parts---obviously I have not kept up on manufacturing techniques!

The biggest complaint from my friend who works in a gun shop is the customer service! My boy has positive things to say about most manufacturers he has to deal with, except Taurus.

(The bit about Taurus marketing made me think about how my boy says he could move way more Rock Island Armory guns if customers had a clue who they were.)
    Apparently they're working on the customer service aspect too

User Tag List