Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock G43 extended magazines?

Site Supporter
    Can't v Won't re Glock making a reliable extended mag.

Juice v. Squeeze

43 v. 43X and 48 (more capacity=a different and additional gun)

We have 3 G43 mags with Vickers-Tango Down +2 extensions (they do come with longer springs, of course).

All have been reliable. HH6 carries the gun with one in, I wouldn't let her if I didn't trust it.

As I continue to read about this issue, it seems to be very hit and miss....dependent on individual guns.

For that matter, so is the general reliability of the G43, albeit to a lesser extent.

What would be the down side for Glock to make reliable extended magazines?

Supposedly the 43 has weird stacking that makes longer mags not reliable.

The downside, if they could do it, is cannibalizing g43x sales. Because you already have a 43 and could just buy a longer mag with some kind of grip adapter and it’s a 43x.

Personally, I kind of look at the 43 as a don’t even get to reload gun in a fight. Use your 7 rounds and do something else. It’s like a snubby for me but I shoot snubbies like crap and I don’t appreciate them being easier to conceal so that’s what the 43 is for me.

Yeah I mean Glock famously hate money...

Making an extended mag isn't difficult.

Making an extended mag that works with ball isn't really that difficult.

Making an extended mag that works with a variety of ammo in a variety of guns is more challenging.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Supposedly the 43 has weird stacking that makes longer mags not reliable.

The downside, if they could do it, is cannibalizing g43x sales. Because you already have a 43 and could just buy a longer mag with some kind of grip adapter and it’s a 43x.

Personally, I kind of look at the 43 as a don’t even get to reload gun in a fight. Use your 7 rounds and do something else. It’s like a snubby for me but I shoot snubbies like crap and I don’t appreciate them being easier to conceal so that’s what the 43 is for me.
    A 43 with an extended magazine will still never be a 43x unless capacity is your only measure of a carry gun....

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My agency has tested every kind of extended G43 magazine out there, and none of them functioned perfectly.

I talked to a Glock LE rep about it, and he said if they could figure out a way to make G43 extended mags reliable, they’d be building them themselves.
    I've had the same conversation with multiple reps. They even admitted to testing every aftermarket extension at Smyrna, to see if anyone had cracked the code -- nope. Apparently the semi-stagger of the cartridge stack, when combined with an effectively lengthened mag body, results in rounds tilting at unhealthy angles.

Before hearing this from our LE reps, I spent too much money testing different extensions with high round counts of carry ammo. If you haven't had a malfunction with your extension of choice, keep shooting...you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I've had the same conversation with multiple reps. They even admitted to testing every aftermarket extension at Smyrna, to see if anyone had cracked the code -- nope. Apparently the semi-stagger of the cartridge stack, when combined with an effectively lengthened mag body, results in rounds tilting at unhealthy angles.

Before hearing this from our LE reps, I spent too much money testing different extensions with high round counts of carry ammo. If you haven't had a malfunction with your extension of choice, keep shooting...you will.
    I was told the same thing.

I know nines run best with a staggered mag due to taper.....

But it makes one wonder how close to the edge of function even the factory mags are?

Rumor has it that Shield Arms is making a flush fit 43 mag that will have more capacity.

User Tag List