Thread: Clip Option for JMCK

Clip Option for JMCK

Tony,

I purchased three holsters from you 7Sept18. All three have the wide hole "pattern" for the PTD loops. Is there a way for these holsters to be fitted with the polymer clip? At the time that I ordered, there was not an option for a polymer clip with the wide hole pattern.

Thanks,
    Keith

You would prob be better reaching out to Tony through email then a post, just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    You would prob be better reaching out to Tony through email then a post, just saying....
    Yeah... Tony sometimes posts here, but he doesn’t run his place or anything.

Why switch to a plastic clip? Soft loops or DCC metal clips are the way to go.

If you want clips with wide spacing, the Wing Claw 2.0 is your option. It sounds like you bought the 2.5, though.
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 05-13-2020 at 02:04 PM.

The PTD loops are the only option available with the wide spacing... IIRC. If he could modify your current holsters on a custom basis, I'm not sure.

EVP: Yes, better option and I will contact him directly if he hasn't replied in a bit. I have seen him reply here some and that would make the info available to all who may have had the same question.

CalAlumnus: Clip for easier on/off, for me, plus I don't like the DCC clips. 10-4 on the 2.5, x3.

WDR: That was the case when I ordered mine. I didn't know if there were any new clip designs that would work with the wide spacing.

Thanks Guys,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    Tony,

I purchased three holsters from you 7Sept18. All three have the wide hole "pattern" for the PTD loops. Is there a way for these holsters to be fitted with the polymer clip? At the time that I ordered, there was not an option for a polymer clip with the wide hole pattern.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Keith, for the 2.5 w/ wide hole pattern, there is no way to retrofit a clip. Sorry
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Keith, for the 2.5 w/ wide hole pattern, there is no way to retrofit a clip. Sorry
    Thanks Tony. I was just checking to see if there were any new developments since my original purchases. I'm working up another order now.

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    Thanks Tony. I was just checking to see if there were any new developments since my original purchases. I'm working up another order now.

Thanks,
    Keith
    I'll just emphasize... I'd really think twice (or thrice) about switching to plastic clips. They don't hold up; I've had several break unexpectedly when attaching or removing a holster from my belt, and I didn't put them into any extreme situations. They definitely don't hold up in a ECQC-type scenario. Several top holster makers don't even offer them (Dark Star Gear, Tenicor...).

You found the right solution the first time with the snap loops; if you really want clips, give the DCC ones another try. Maybe you just need to use the loops or DCC clips for a while to break them in and get used to them? It was tricky at first, but now I can use either loops or DCC clips just as quickly and easily as my old plastic clips.

User Tag List