Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some wood.

Theres a shop with an identical set. I may need to check them out. They're in the junk bin for like $5

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    O3RN,

Wow. Those rosewood grips are gorgeous. Grips for revolvers are one of those items that successfully merge “form and function” together. It’s what separates them from “the plastic” and makes them enduring at every level.
    I wish they fit a little better because i do like how they look

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Theres a shop with an identical set. I may need to check them out. They're in the junk bin for like $5
    Precisely the same way I’ve found some great grips through the years. Tru-oil works miracles too.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Precisely the same way I’ve found some great grips through the years. Tru-oil works miracles too.
    So i grabbed them this week. They are FAT. They needed to be stripped and have some wood removed for speedloaders but i dont know if i want to shape them anymore.

Funny thing is that they have some slop on my m66-8 but the m64 i roundbutted fit perfect. I only cut the butt, i didn't remove any metal on the inside of the grip.

I got them in hopes of being able to shoot heavier loads with wood grips because of the width but i might leave them on the m64 untill i get the pair from thailand ive been waiting on.
    Name:  20200523_175410.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  20200523_175457.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  25.5 KB

I feel like i could remove some more wood at the bottom of the grips so they dont print as much.
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-23-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Just ordered these
    Name:  Screenshot_2020-05-27-22-40-51.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  16.1 KB
    Im kinda digging this style. We'll see how the above ones feel tomorrow.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im still on the search for the perfect grip. I just ordered another thai set off ebay. A little redder than id like but i plan on stripping and refinishing.

My last set were thinner than id like i wanted a wood set in between pachymers and uncle mikes size wise. I liked the color of that set though
    Attachment 53973
    The Thai grips that I had interfered with Comp-II speedloaders. I got a little too aggressive with the file and wrecked them
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Spegel's are awesome but the wait has been 2-3 years between orders for me for the last 14 years or so. Well worth the wait. Every time I get one order I go right back on the list.

Here is my last batch.

Name:  IMG_6135.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  35.4 KB

Let me check my Tub 'o Stocks.

I loaned a couple of sets of RB K/L frame stocks to @Cecil Burch at last year's Revolver Roundup, we may need to touch base with him.

Meanwhile, I shall check the woodpile. I have a two Tupperware boxes of stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Thai grips that I had interfered with Comp-II speedloaders. I got a little too aggressive with the file and wrecked them
    To bad. Ive got a set coming ill probably need to modify.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Let me check my Tub 'o Stocks.

I loaned a couple of sets of RB K/L frame stocks to @Cecil Burch at last year's Revolver Roundup, we may need to touch base with him.

Meanwhile, I shall check the woodpile. I have a two Tupperware boxes of stuff like that.

One of them is on my M66 as I write this I meant to get them back to you at TacCon
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List