Thread: Illegal Immigrant Charged with Shooting at Texas Police Helicopters

Site Supporter

Illegal Immigrant Charged with Shooting at Texas Police Helicopters

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...3n3bXNqR4f86kM

Yeah, Iknow it’s Briebart but even s stopped clock is right twice a day.

HOUSTON, Texas — Houston Police Department investigators arrested an illegal immigrant on charges that he allegedly fired a handgun at police helicopters. The incident occurred as the man allegedly fired on police aircraft responding to the crash of a Houston Police Department helicopter that killed one officer and critically injured the pilot. An immigration judge ordered the illegal alien to be removed from the U.S. earlier this year.

Court records obtained by Breitbart Texas show that Houston police officers arrested 19-year-old Josue Daniel Claros-Trajedo on Friday in connection to shots being fired at multiple police helicopters. During his booking process, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations officers placed an immigration detainer on the foreign national.
    Court records reported by KTRK ABC13 in Houston say Claros-Trajedo fired at least five shots from two different locations at HPD and Texas Department of Public Safety helicopters. The helicopters were hovering over the scene of the crash of another HPD helicopter that killed Tactical Flight Officer Jason Knox, 35, and critically injured the pilot, Senior Officer Chase Cormier, 35.

Claros-Trajedo is also charged with felony tampering with evidence after he allegedly hid the handgun inside an air conditioner vent in an apartment. Police later recovered the handgun.

Harris County Assistant District Attorney Sean Teare told reporters, “We have surveillance video showing him (Claros-Trajedo) firing at the helicopters, yes. That’s unacceptable,” the ABC affiliate reported.

KTRK reported that Claros-Trajedo is a Honduran national. Breitbart Texas has not confirmed that information.
    There have been several Mexican military and police helicopters shot down over the past 10 years. In the U.S. the police helicopter forced down in the Norco bank robbery incident and Albuquerque had a police helicopter shot down several years ago. How common is shots fired at U.S. LE aircraft ?

I know lasering is a thing and we get several incidents per year of people Lasering police helicopters in my city but shots fired seem far less common.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-12-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There have been several Mexican military and police helicopters shot down over the past 10 years. In the U.S. the police helicopter forced down in the Norco bank robbery incident and Albuquerque had a police helicopter shot down several years ago. How common is shots fired at U.S. LE aircraft ?

I know lasering is a thing and we get several incidents per year of people Lasering police helicopters in my city but shots fired seem far less common.
    It seems like our helicopter gets lasered at least once a month. They’re usually able to point out and identify suspects to ground units. They’re charged locally and reports get forwarded to the Feds for additional charges/fines.

It’s very uncommon for our helicopter to be shot at. When it’s happened it seems like it’s usually a handgun.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It seems like our helicopter gets lasered at least once a month. They’re usually able to point out and identify suspects to ground units. They’re charged locally and reports get forwarded to the Feds for additional charges/fines.

It’s very uncommon for our helicopter to be shot at. When it’s happened it seems like it’s usually a handgun.
    In Texas lasering an aircraft is a misdemeanor on the stateside but a felony on the federal side so most get referred for federal charges. The US attorneys will normally take the cases unless it’s a juvenile.

How common is shots fired at U.S. LE aircraft ?

Mid 80's the county had a domestic violence go bad and the suspect was laying on his back in a field shooting at their airship with two 41 mags. It turned into a car chase which ended in my P.D's parking lot. One of those circular standoff clusters. The dude ignored all commands and a shift-mate actually ran up behind the dude and put him in a full nelson. The officer was like 5'4" and the suspect was a good 6'. Suspect had the presence of mind to keep the guns up over his head so he didn't get dumped by the circular firing squad. Some tall dummy ran up and grabbed the guns and pulled them up and out of the guys hands. I still have a faint scar from the hammer of the model 57 falling on the web between my thumb and fore-finger. The Ruger wasn't cocked. Good times.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I was heading out to the scene of the downed HPD helicopter when the call dropped with the suspect shooting at our other helicoper and the Lifeflight helicopter that was attempting to land.

It's not uncommon for us to be on the ground working a scene with air support overhead and to hear gunshots. I can only guess that they're taking shots at whats flying 600' above them. The ship that went down last week was hit five times with an AR during an active shooter incident in 2016 and had to make an emergency landing.

It was chaos that night. There was a murder scene about a half mile away, our helicopter goes down and crashes in an apartment complex, and then this idiot starts shooting at the Life Flight helicopters trying to get the injured pilot and TFO to the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Albuquerque had a police helicopter shot down several years ago. How common is shots fired at U.S. LE aircraft ?
    Sheriff's Department helo was brought down while assisting ground units with a burglary. It was 2005. Expert defense witnesses created enough doubt of the forensics analysis that the charges were dismissed. He has been in armed standoffs since then.

I was on a contact team assisting APD in contacting that nut job a few years back when he called 911 wanting to kill himself.

pat

User Tag List