Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I am out of my lane here, a bit.

The clicking of the gun going in and out of battery bothers me. It sounds like a fitment issue between possibly the barrel and the slide.

On the springs, I'd try a Colt factory-standard recoil spring and main spring. I think the standard recoil spring is 18lbs. Don't know, offhand, what the weight is of the mainspring.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I'm certain if I was to call them again I would immediately get a return label so I can send it back. I'm not bashing Wilson. I'm trying to figure out if I can do something myself and shazam, it's fixed. I am troubled by having to return it a third time. Not sure how they are staffed with this Covid nonsense either. As I said earlier, I've been dealing with Wilson for a long time. I can be a little patient.

I tossed a Wolff 18 lb recoil spring in and I'm heading to the range only because the pistol feels right retracting the slide. No click when its dropping on the link. Smooth like my other Wilson pistols. This is opposite of what I thought but what the hell. I'll give a quick try.

JW
    You're giving Wilson more consideration than they're giving you. Stop being a brand loyalist and stand up for yourself. Fuck patience.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

In one of the "Gun Guys" videos, Bill Wilson talked about ammo in short barreled pistols and springs, bullet weight, etc. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Other than that, I'm with @Trooper224. Wilson owes you a working gun. Get on their ass to make it right.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Wilson needs to make it right.

I've owned four Wilson 1911's, and two of them had to go back to the factory immediately. One of those had to go back twice before it ran. I really like WC, but I'd be hard-pressed to buy another one.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You're giving Wilson more consideration than they're giving you. Stop being a brand loyalist and stand up for yourself. Fuck patience.
    ^^^^^ Ayup.

I just looked up the Wilson Hackathorn Commander. $3,750. It's not as though you're running sketchy reloads from Bubba's Discount Ammo Plant. You're not using crap-o magazines from CTD.

For that price, it should run flawlessly with good quality ammo and magazines. If not, then screw Wilson, you can buy three Colts for that price. One of them should run.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Geometric and 1911 design theories aside, there are two well-known names associated with that gun that should really be invested in seeing a pain-free solution through for the customer (you).

I’m in 100 percent agreement that Wilson should iron it out for you. FWIW.

@Pit there's no shock buff in there, right?

Site Supporter
    Is it a 4" 1911? Also are you running the +P HST? Because that's really hot for a .45 and I wouldn't be surprised that it puts a short gun on the ragged edge of function

The only thing I can think is that your recoil spring could be binding.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Is it a 4" 1911? Also are you running the +P HST? Because that's really hot for a .45 and I wouldn't be surprised that it puts a short gun on the ragged edge of function

The only thing I can think is that your recoil spring could be binding.

His are 4.25”.

Site Supporter
    Still...I do wonder about the binding. It's a bit more uncommon, but it would explain why the magazine isn't feeding the round up before the slide closes (short stroke maybe?) and why the recoil seems considerably more.

User Tag List