Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Spit balling here:

Has anyone looked in the barrel? Has the barrel been reamed properly? Dimensionally correct? Is there any chance that the higher perceived recoil could be caused by increased case pressure due to barrel, chamber, lead dimensions?
    When the pistol went in the 1st time, it was determined the magwell / frame were out of dimension. So they reframed the pistol. New serial number and all. When they did this, they re-barreled it. So this is a new barrel and slide release. It has had the perceived recoil issue with both frame / barrel combinations. However I will check the chamber with a go / no go gauge just to eliminate another possibility I didn't consider. Thx.

JW

This is just my humble and ignorant opinion, but I don't think you should be having to track down solutions to Wilson's gun. If they can't fix it, they should replace it. "It's within spec" is not an acceptable answer from a gunsmith for a gun that doesn't work.

Paging P-F member @WilsonCombatRep .
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    If Wilson can’t make it right they should replace it. I have heard of tolerance stacking but never for a Wilson. Obviously something is out of spec. Could you swap slides between commanders?
    I have not tried that. I know there is fitting done between the slide and frame so I'm not sure this can be done?

JW

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    IMO, this has nothing to do with the bullet shape. 10 bucks says the bullet in that pic, never came close to the feedramp, nor did the breechface touch the rear of the case.

do all of the malfunctions look like that?

Yep. At first it could happen after the first the malfunction could happen from the 3rd round to the 8th round. After the reframe and new barrel the malfunction is always the last round.

JW

That might work on a SA Milspec but I dont think it would work on a Wilson and I wouldn't recommend trying. Lots of pistol specific fitting going on there.

You didn't buy an Armscor. If it doesn't work it's on Wilson, who aren't what they once were. For the amount paid, it isn't your responsibility to make it work, it's Wilson's. Send it back, tell them to make it right or demand a refund.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    This is just my humble and ignorant opinion, but I don't think you should be having to track down solutions to Wilson's gun. If they can't fix it, they should replace it. "It's within spec" is not an acceptable answer from a gunsmith for a gun that doesn't work.
    I'm certain if I was to call them again I would immediately get a return label so I can send it back. I'm not bashing Wilson. I'm trying to figure out if I can do something myself and shazam, it's fixed. I am troubled by having to return it a third time. Not sure how they are staffed with this Covid nonsense either. As I said earlier, I've been dealing with Wilson for a long time. I can be a little patient.

I tossed a Wolff 18 lb recoil spring in and I'm heading to the range only because the pistol feels right retracting the slide. No click when its dropping on the link. Smooth like my other Wilson pistols. This is opposite of what I thought but what the hell. I'll give a quick try.

JW

Site Supporter
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    When the pistol went in the 1st time, it was determined the magwell / frame were out of dimension. So they reframed the pistol. New serial number and all. When they did this, they re-barreled it. So this is a new barrel and slide release. It has had the perceived recoil issue with both frame / barrel combinations. However I will check the chamber with a go / no go gauge just to eliminate another possibility I didn't consider. Thx.

JW
    I had a Dan Wesson where the feed ramp was cut too deep. DW didn't reframe it they replaced it. Shouldn't Wilson do the same?

User Tag List