Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    @Pit Is the but of the alchemy guns a bit pointy? Looks like both prime with msh only snd the elite with magwell both look like they could stand to be rounded. Might be the pics only. They should bevel the grips on the regular prime (no magwell) too but that’s an easy fix.
    As SW CQB 45 stated, this is the round butt offering by ACW. My magwell has the "round butt" ACW offers. I believe Rob wants to stay with the traditional look as much as possible. I don't have any good pics of this area but here's one of my pics cropped.

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What's the logo behind the serrations on the dawson rail gun?
    It's an engraving of our team patch. Basically our department badge with a lighting bolt, arrow, and broad sword denoting the tenets of CQB from days of old. Heck, most the new guys on the team may not know the reason any longer. Don't get me wrong, still great guys. We don't talk that way in Police circles any longer.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    Update:

I have fired over 1200 rounds on WW White Box 230gr ball as well as +250 rounds mix of HST, Ranger T, and Gold Dot. No malfunctions. The frame is showing no unusual wear from use. Accuracy is on par with other high end pistols, much better than me. The trigger has become clean & crisp as the pistol breaks in. The bluing is showing holster use but that's the nature of the finish. The slide / fame fit is outstanding. No play at all. The barrel lock up is positive. I am positively impressed with this pistol. I hope ACW gives the known high end manufactures a wake up call, they need one.

JW
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Nice CC.

enjoy

As far as leather.... I dont need one, but Tucker HF-1 keeps looking at me.

I ordered an Andrews Wrapid on Oct 2, 2020 and still waiting.

How are yall's Alchemy commanders holding up thus far?

This pistol is a solid performer. With over 2500 rounds thru her, I decided to send my ACW Classic Carry to Steve @ Integrity Arms to do some work. My goal is to make the ACW with the options that were on my Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander. Mind you, none of this work was needed, this was strictly a want. The ACW lacked nothing!

I had Steve serrated the top and rear of the slide. I went old school, leaving the top of the slide round. Rear of the slide serrations are lpi to match the rear sight. I liked the round butt on the Hack so I had Steve slightly round butt. Not so much as to take away from the classic look tho. The EGW thumb safeties need a little blending too. Finish is the DLC with Steve's prep work.

Steve sent me some pics today. He nailed it! He says it looks a lot better in person. I think she looks fine now. I'm setting up a cold weather training class for the officers soon. I'll get some range time for her.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    How are yall's Alchemy commanders holding up thus far?
    I am at 750 rounds of mainly 230 hardball with a touch of 200 LSWC and zero issues.

I did go with semi hard fit and there is a slight snick to break loose when racking the slide.

I am planning on ordering a hard fit 5" Prime and adjustable rear. I want to experience that.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Here's some better pics of the work from Steve @ Integrity Arms on my ACW Classic Carry. He did some nice work.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    Here's some better pics of the work from Steve @ Integrity Arms on my ACW Classic Carry. He did some nice work.

JW
    Most excellent. Work appears to be very well done.

Are you still utilizing this steel frame commander as the range gun or has this supplanted the lightweight commander as your primary carry?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Most excellent. Work appears to be very well done.

Are you still utilizing this steel frame commander as the range gun or has this supplanted the lightweight commander as your primary carry?
    This will primarily be my range pistol unless / until the lightweight fails. They are both great pistols. If the Wilson Combat frame has an issue, this will become my EDC. I used to carry a 5" steel frame for many years. But I'm getting soft I guess.

JW

User Tag List