Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current ammo prices

Ball ammo shortage

Interestingly, the good self defense loads seem to be available, while ball ammo is sold out or available at increasing prices.
    From watching many transactions in the gun shop, I think it is at least partly because so many buyers are first time folks who don't know or care about the difference and "just want something to shoot at the range." They kind of freak out about the premium ammo prices and may buy one box at most "in case I ever do decide to carry it" or to "leave it loaded with in the bedroom." I don't usually try to explain that they need to run the ammo they carry to see if it works, I can judge when it will not likely be productive an look like a sales pitch. To me, prices seem to be sitting still at the moment (but high) and we can get most ball. Maybe the supply chain is catching up.
    Last edited by Jhp147; 05-12-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Price will only get higher as the year progresses due to the campaign frenzy replacing supplementing the covid panic.

I don't think it's a good idea to refrain from buying ammo right now if you need any....it's going to get more expensive until the election, possibly longer if R doesn't hold the presidency.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I bought almost all of the 22 ammo for sale last year on Thursday.

I call it 22 Thursday.

Just kidding. I only bought 5K. Seemed like the thing to do at the time. Sorry if I drove the price up.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Interestingly, the good self defense loads seem to be available, while ball ammo is sold out or available at increasing prices.
    Isn't that the case in every shortage?

I think I recall P-F LEOs talking about the only time they saw much premium ammo in confiscated guns was during the last shortage--which is probably something they might see again soon, I guess.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    SGAmmo & Toilet Paper.com
    PSST.... Blues, you can buy that domain.

Name:  2020-05-12 19_18_09-Window.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  25.3 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    PSST.... Blues, you can buy that domain.

Name:  2020-05-12 19_18_09-Window.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  25.3 KB
    That deal is the shit!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ammo prices are high and not consistent.

I just recently saw a case of .40 gold dot sell for less than 147 9mm American eagle on gunbroker.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Price will only get higher as the year progresses due to the campaign frenzy replacing supplementing the covid panic.

I don't think it's a good idea to refrain from buying ammo right now if you need any....it's going to get more expensive until the election, possibly longer if R doesn't hold the presidency.
    Yeah, I just ordered more 5.56 and a few more mags today. Get while the gettin’s good. The gettin’s not great...but it could be a lot worse. And if the last two elections are anything to go by, it probably will be.

I bought some 9mm S&B 115 FMJ in Jan 2019 for $153.80/1000 from SG Ammo. Same ammo earlier this week, $299/1000 from Target Sports USA.
    Speer 9mm 124 gr Lawman TMJ was $183.80 in Sep 2019. Yesterday it was $269.80. Both prices from SG Ammo.

And to make it worse, Federal 9mm 147 +P HST was $17.50/box in Apr 2017. Today on Gunbroker, $65/box plus shipping. :-(
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I have heard that supplies will not normalize until next year, due to supply chain issues, such as primers that are typically imported from overseas being impacted by the pandemic. Prices have definitely gone up at TS-USA, though it's still at palatable prices with my Prime membership. Sadly, looks like I won't make my Election Day stockpile goals, though the fact that I have already been stockpiling means that I started out with a pretty decent amount as the pandemic hit.

User Tag List