Thread: Week 371: Mini Presidente

Week 371: Mini Presidente

Results may be posted until June 8th, 2020.

Designed by: Gabe White
    Range: 5 yards
    Target: Three, two inch circles - download target here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...in-circles.pdf
    Start position: Shooter's choice, see below
    Rounds fired: 12

This is a variation of a classic El Presidente suitable for restricted indoor ranges.

Begin loaded with exactly six (6) total rounds in the gun. At the start signal, shoot two shots to each of the three targets, reload the gun, and shoot two more shots to each of the same three targets, for a total of twelve shots. You can engage the targets in any order. The downloadable target has six, two inch circles arranged in two rows of three. Use one row of three circles for each repetition of the drill you do. (Do as many as you want, just report them.)

Start position is shooter's choice. You can start facing uprange with the gun holstered, as in the regular El Presidente. You can start facing downrange with the gun holstered if you prefer or if your range requires it. You can also start with the gun in ready position of your choice, or benched (loaded or unloaded) if you'd like to work on table starts.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Start position (holstered and facing uprange, low ready, unloaded and benched, etc.)
    Gun, holster (optional), and concealment (optional) used
    Number of hits out of the possible 12 (report for each repetition of the drill you did)
    Time (report for each repetition of the drill you did)

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

CZ Shadow2, USPSA Production rig
    Holstered, hands at sides.

Run1: 8.32s 1 miss
    Run2: 9.46s clean
    Run3: 7.41s 1 miss
    Run4: 5.93s 3 misses

Good drill! First run was target focus, minimal confirmation. Second run was target focus, confirming each shot. Third run was not shooting like a pussy. Fourth run was pushing.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-11-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Gun - 5" m&p 2.0 with dawsons and apex heavy trs
    Holster - Dark Star Gear Orion w/ dcc clips spaced wide
    Concealment - tshirt/pullover(2 layers)
    Start position - facing uprange w/ hands above shoulders (turn and draw)

Run 1 - 12.12 w/ 7 hits (2.38 draw/2.99 reload)

Name:  20200520_094916.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  20.1 KB

Run 2 - 12.24 w/ 10 hits (2.39 draw/2.66 reload)

Name:  20200520_095110.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  21.8 KB

Run 3 - 10.98 w/ 7 hits (2.17 draw/2.78 reload)

Name:  20200520_095547.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.0 KB

Woof! I really struggled with eye sprinting and anticipation coupled together. Not sure which was the chicken/egg or if they were two separate issues at this point. Reloads were slow. Same old song and dance there, lack of dry practice lately. I did switch to the medium/large backstrap from the large, which allows me to preload the slide release vs using support hand thumb which should be faster but wasn't really as it still requires conscious thought right now. I did some shooting at 1" pasters later and struggled to make the hits without time pressure. Trigger control was poor all around. I feel like need to get back to some basics and do some focused work on my fundamentals all around.

5 shots at 3, 5, 7 yards
    Name:  20200520_103221.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  28.1 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List