Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEOSA: FLEOA & NJ FOP Take on NJ

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    There have been off duty locked up for such there IIRC. It might eventually get dismissed but.......
    I'm not aware of any QLEOs being arrested in NJ for carriage of a firearm since the enactment of LEOSA.

Lots of people who think they're cops that aren't cops, though...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I believe the case that made headlines was a Sergeant in Corrections. I do believe there were others that ran into trouble for hollow points in their off duty. But its been a few years...

Yeah he wasn't a QLEO under LEOSA, nor a LEO even in his own home state, which is why he had a CCW.

my prediction:
    NJ SC will deny it.
    SCOTUS will not take up the case.
    LEOs can suffer like us common folk.

as for active but off duty, 99% of the ones I've talked to have said no way they'll carry... if they get jammed up they're fucked as bad as the rest of us (union's lawyers are not available.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Understood. But knowing NJ like I do, I would not recommend having a mag over 10 or HP ammo unless you where on official LE business to the state.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Understood. But knowing NJ like I do, I would not recommend having a mag over 10 or HP ammo unless you where on official LE business to the state.
    Are you basing this on your experience as a LEO in NJ? ETA: As in, policies/directives you were issued?

Site Supporter
    Case law surrounding LEOSA is not favorable to jurisdictions looking to test its limits by arresting qualified LEOs. The law is clear on the ammo issue, if not (yet) on mag capacity. NJ can pound sand.

As for those who opine that LEO’s can/should suffer disarmament along with the rest of the populace, try to put aside your jealousy and remember that more armed “good guys” out and about are good for society. We can wish there were more, and should strive for that through legislative channels, etc., but any gloating about off-duty LEOs being given a hard time for carrying is not reflective of a reasonable and pro-gun attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Are you basing this on your experience as a LEO in NJ? ETA: As in, policies/directives you were issued?
    No, Im basing it on the experiences told directly to me by out of state LEO and discussions directly with NJSP FIU.

Well, in that case let's just try sticking to the facts instead of hearsay, and refrain from telling sworn federal agents that they shouldn't carry anything more than 10 rounds or JHPs in NJ when they're perfectly legal to both by NJ and federal law.

User Tag List