Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEOSA: FLEOA & NJ FOP Take on NJ

LEOSA: FLEOA & NJ FOP Take on NJ

Email rec'd today from FLEOA Nat'l President:

As National Police Week begins, nothing is more fitting than ensuring law enforcement officers on the front lines have the tools they need to do their jobs. The pandemic we are battling emphasizes that point and while we keep all those affected in our thoughts and prayers, we need to ensure all first responders are prepared.

For decades the state of New Jersey has willfully violated the provisions of the Law Enforce Officers Safety Act passed by Congress. Today FLEOA is joined by the NJ FOP in our first step towards addressing New Jersey's egregious violations of federal law.

FLEOA will always fight to ensure it’s members and the ranks of federal law enforcement are protected.

The Case number is 3:20-cv-05762 FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ASSOCIATION et al v. GREWAL et al filed in US District Court in New Jersey.

Press Release:

https://files.constantcontact.com/88...89d95343bb.pdf

Media Advisory:

https://files.constantcontact.com/88...9d190ce0f7.pdf

LEOSA Fact Sheet:

https://files.constantcontact.com/88...9395190ce1.pdf
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Wow, New Jersey. I wonder if NJ will be the first state to disallow off hours carry by LE?
    #RESIST

Mister, we could use a man like Chris Christie again.
    Real guns have hammers.

Funny leaving NJ had me forget a lot of their BS. Wonder if off duty Federal L/E can carry hollow points in a personally owned revolver... being that is such a huge thing down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Wonder if off duty Federal L/E can carry hollow points in a personally owned revolver...
    Yes.

Double yes if you're authorized to carry that revolver by your agency: The State can't tell the US Government what guns/ammo their agents are allowed to carry.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Guess I’m good when I drive down. CBP doesn’t let officers carry their own weapons on aircraft... so have to be duty weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Funny leaving NJ had me forget a lot of their BS. Wonder if off duty Federal L/E can carry hollow points in a personally owned revolver... being that is such a huge thing down there.
    There have been off duty locked up for such there IIRC. It might eventually get dismissed but.......

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    There have been off duty locked up for such there IIRC. It might eventually get dismissed but.......
    I think @psalms144.1 has posted about issues his guys had with NJSP while he was assigned to the NYC area.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I think @psalms144.1 has posted about issues his guys had with NJSP while he was assigned to the NYC area.
    Luckily, we never had an actual ISSUE where one of mine got hassled, but folks I spoke with at NJSP did FIRMLY believe that NJ prohibition on JHP trumped Federal authorizations for "off duty" carry. Not surprisingly, we had 0 issues with any of the local agencies we worked with, but some folks at the State seemed to take umbrage at anyone carrying JHP, or "high capacity" magazines.

If they'd ever looked in my trunk and seen the MP5KN with five 30 round mags stuffed full of JHP, let alone the Mk18 with seven loaded mags of AB49 JHP, they'd have had a shit hemorrhage.

I applaud this move, and think it's long overdue to FIRMLY and FINALLY establish legal precedence in NJ's thick fucking skull that Federal Law trumps their silly little rules...

Full lawsuit filing

BLANK ROME LLP
    A Pennsylvania LLP
    STEPHEN M. ORLOFSKY, ESQ.
    NICHOLAS C. HARBIST, ESQ.
    New Jersey Resident Partners
    MICHAEL R. DARBEE, ESQ.
    BLAIR A. GEROLD, ESQ.
    300 Carnegie Center, Suite 220
    Princeton, New Jersey 08540
    Tel.: 609-750-2646
    Fax: 609-897-7286