Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: China and Chinese manufacturing discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The original POST suddenly HAS ME all sorts of motivated to GET an M1A to REPLACE my poodle-shootin' small BORES and scream AT THE commies and free the AMERICAN inside them trying TO GET out!!!11!

God bless TRUMP! Aunt Becky says HI
    I looked through my closet for my 80’s t-shirt that said, “Kill a Commie for Mommy.” Lol! Sadly it’s MIA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD

"How much time have you spent in the PRC? I'm not sure I'm taking issue with your statement, just wanting to know your context."

NJ Says:

"High population in my area..... Coworkers neighbors etc.
    Which obviously could be a skewed sample..."

NJ I take your answer to mean that you have been around a lot of people from the PRC. To the point-how much time have you spent in the PRC?
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 05-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I looked through my closet for my 80’s t-shirt that said, “Kill a Commie for Mommy.” Lol! Sadly it’s MIA.
    you NEED to FIGUER IT OUT, young man.

Your NAME should be "EL CHICOM". America is DOOMED but TRUMP WILL SAVE.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Which made in the USA red dots are you using?
    I just bought an RM06 on friday. It was double the price of a Holosun 407. Where are these cheap optics, @bigbob ?

(Yeah, yeah, I know that’s Russia. They all look the same through Hamms beer goggles.)

Site Supporter
    DONT have WORY! You can still buy KILL A COMMIE for MOMMY t-shirts! Also have you heard about WHO is putting FLOURIDE in our water supply to in order TAINT our PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS that’s right COMMIES!!

Name:  747FB73E-0C51-491B-872E-45D7E0F3E337.jpeg
Views: 487
Size:  14.2 KB

https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Commie-M...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The average Chinese citizen I believe is not a big fan of their government. they are people who want to go on with their lives that actually like America and American stuff I think.

The Chinese government is a different story.

I believe the countries that attacked us or our forces in world war II had the support of their citizens for the most part. So if one is worried about a product made in China I assume they would never purchase a product made in Germany or Japan or a product with any content from those countries.

In other words just about any complex widget that is sold anywhere in the world has parts from all over the world.

As an example your average "American" car has thousands and thousands of dollars worth of components from other places in the world.

Toyota Tundras are built in Texas. Sure some profit goes to Japan however many good Americans are employed building those trucks.

FFT.
    Bold is my highlight.
    I agree with 90% and the gist of your post, however I will pass along one observation. A family member goes to school with many Chinese nationals. Yes they are young people, maybe naive and indoctrinated, certainly represent the upper class in China, but... as a group they are very sensitive to any criticism of their country. From the party line and historical critique to modern culture, they believe their way is the right way.

All I'm trying to say is, F@ck China, cause they will not hesitate to f@ck us."
    Last edited by Alembic; 05-11-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    they believe their way is the right way.
    They out number us 4-to-1 are they wrong?

___

I've mentioned before, one of my PhD supervisors is Chinese, now an American Citizen and has been here since ~1985. That said he returns to China regularly and his parents still live in China.

He'll be the first to tell you, the government is fucked. But the average person just wants to go to work and do their job. And that they like consumerism as much as the average American, along with eating. I don't think China wants to conquer the world. East Asia? Totally. But the world? Nah.

As for China once the enemy always the enemy or something...the Chinese fought alongside us against the Japanese in WW2 and frankly if we had better supported the Kuomintang immediately post-war, China would, today, probably be 2-3 countries instead of a monolith that is controlled by the CPC. I'm not saying it is the U.S.'s fault that the PRC exists, but I believe if we had better supported them, we might have an East and West China like we had an East and West Germany. Our decision to allow the Soviets to aid CPC and severely limit support to the Kuomintang ultimately resulted in latter's loss of the Chinese Civil War.

At this point, the CPC and PRC are irrevocably linked and we are not capable of toppling them at any level (should we want to). But as we learned during the Cold War, frankly we don't need to topple a country using force or politics. Capitalism is the ultimate tool for bringing about the collapse of autocratic societies. For every U.S. Dollar Spent in China, for every trade agreement, for every Chinese citizen allowed out of China and into the western world, we move a little bit closer to a more democratic China.

While I believe we should support American Manufacturing and infrastructure - particularly so the next time a fucking pandemic sweeps in we aren't dependent on imports for major PPE and other important goods - I also think it is very important to spend dollars in other countries, because the greenback is a powerful political tool. I'm not suggesting it's going to happen over night, but consider where China was in 1970 vs. 2020. In 50 years, censorship has been relaxed, economic mobility has increased, the country has become increasingly Westernized - Is it perfect? Nope. But Nixon opened trade relations with China in 1972 and in the intervening 48-years, we did more to undermine the CPC and PRC via economic trade, than a war ever could.

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    With all of the PEOPLE who have died here in the USA and the MANY PEOPLE who have had their entire lives changed from this virus, WHY ARE WE PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM THE PEOPLE THAT TRIED TO KILL US ALL!!! I needed a red dot sight for my Ruger pistol, I looked through the computer for one MADE IN AMERICA, the price was about $10.00 more than the SHIT you get from china and I felt ALOT BETTER ABOUT MY PURCHASE THINK about that, OK

Anyone else read it in this voice?

Site Supporter
    Moving manufacturing overseas made money for our financial elites - it was supported by both the GOP and Democratic rich classes. They didn't care if it clobbered our working class. Surprise.

We can't fight China today as all my life saving medicines would disappear before we could start up here. OOPS! Lose my sight and drop dead!

BTW, guess what - we build and design crappy ships, so we are now buying Italian frigates! We are arming some of our ships with Norwegian missiles. How about that!

How come Swiss cheese was invented in Switzerland? How come our new handgun is a SIG. Why do we carry Glocks! All a foreign plot.

How come I have a shirt on made in Viet Nam? They are the enemy! XDs are from Croatia - not a particularly charming country in WWII.

Trump ties and NRA knifes are made in CHINA. Send them a check!

User Tag List