Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Lightest Available Reliable Revolver.

You're welcome. This 637-2 setup is actually lighter than my Kimber Micro .380 and my Micro 9.

One picture is worth a thousand words....

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Is that a Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless?

What pocket holster do you carry it in?

How much does the loaded gun+holster+ammo weigh?

What brand of .32acp carry ammo do you use?

Thanks...
    Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.
    Let the games begin....
    Too old (I am too)
    Too heavy (I resemble that remark)
    Wimpy (nothing left to prove)

My uniform of the day now is Duluth Fire Hose Cargo Pants...your pockets may vary.

Comparing a Colt 1903 to a Plastic Fantastic is like a Timex/Rolex study and "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand".

The holsters shown here are a DeSantis #75 which is some sort of man made material. A Bear Creek pocket holster equipped with rubber bands to keep it in the pocket. Also a DeSantis with a removable belt clip for IWB carry.

Three types of ammo shown. Most often I carry the Fiocchi 73gr. FMJ to prevent rim lock and better penetration.

In closing, there are few things in life that are as intimate and personal as your everyday carry weapon.
    If you are content with plastic....well, there was a time in my life when I was a Ninja that ran into trouble instead of away from it too.
    I bought into high capacity and high power because it was valid at that stage of my life.
    Now, style, class, and substance are where it is at for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Ingramite View Post
    Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.
    Let the games begin....
    Thanks.

Site Supporter
    https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22s-ch/

Just for grins. I had a 22S. I bought it for $120 bucks because it was cute. Couldn't hit a cow with it close up. Never an EDC of any type. Just a silly thing to buy. I might buy another if I decide to waste money on something ridiculous.

This is a really interesting thread BTW. I wish I had bought another 432 when they were being dumped cheap. Sigh.

To me, reliable=reliable function, manual of arms/shootability, and reliable ability to stop a threat. That knocks out the .22 LR models.

One of the premium J frame models in .38 Special is gonna be light and reliable in all categories. My 340PD is comfortable with .38 wadcutters and .38 Special +P is on the edge of comfortable. I have not shot .357 Mag through it but it’s nice to know it’s built to handle that round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingramite View Post
    After trying literally dozens of pistols in various calibers....drum roll please....
    A Colt 1903 from 1922 in .32acp.
    John Dillinger and George Patton were on to something and they were not wrong.

Every edge on the Model 1903 is rounded and curved. It's thin, smooth, light, and has a relatively high capacity.
    They run like a Swiss watch and feel like a piece of fine jewelry in your hand.
    Sure, I've heard all of the arguments from the tactical fan boys who would tell you that the .32acp is inadequate. Don't believe it for a second.
    Didn’t a well known gun writer die within the last few years after one of these discharged when dropped? They’re not drop safe, right? Or am I thinking of something else/mixing up incidents?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    For those who like NAA mini revolvers, the boot grips are only a little bigger than the birds head grips, but add significantly to the accuracy and controllability of these tiny guns. Another good option is the slip-on rubber grip sold through the NAA website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Didn’t a well known gun writer die within the last few years after one of these discharged when dropped? They’re not drop safe, right? Or am I thinking of something else/mixing up incidents?
    They're not drop safe. There been incidents throughout their history. One of which led to a minor redesign by Colt in the early 30's if I remember right. The company currently making licensed copies claims to have tested a good number of the older ones and say pretty much all the classic 1903 generations allowed the hammer to fall in a drop. They say they've fixed that in their new version. If I was to carry a 1903 it would definitely be Condition 3.

Site Supporter
    I agree. I had a 22 Mag with the slip ons and I could hit things. I'm not a person who calls that gun a primary, etc. It was a something that I would slip into a pocket as a minimal BUG or theoretically an NPE gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The Colt M1903 is not drop safe. When the reproduction was being designed by US Armament Corp., many examples of the original were drop tested. Allegedly every one fired when dropped. The fix was to deepen the hammer hook and sear notch. The parts are supposed to be interchangeable with the originals and are for sale on the company's web site.

User Tag List