Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTT NP3 is here! Need sight tool

LTT NP3 is here! Need sight tool

The full size LTT arrived Thursday and thankfully I was able to get out and shoot this morning. What a nice piece. And the accuracy is superb... I’ve never shot tight groups at distance, even off a bag. But I did today.

Here is my dilemma, it shoots left. I’m certain it is the sights and not the shooter.

When I got home I threw the slide in a padded vice and beat the rear sight with a hammer and brass punch. First with a small gunsmith hammer, next a regular hammer, then with a 2.5# big boy hammer.

That sucker wouldn’t budge.

What’s my best option for a sight tool?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post
    The full size LTT arrived Thursday and thankfully I was able to get out and shoot this morning. What a nice piece. And the accuracy is superb... I’ve never shot tight groups at distance, even off a bag. But I did today.

Here is my dilemma, it shoots left. I’m certain it is the sights and not the shooter.

When I got home I threw the slide in a padded vice and beat the rear sight with a hammer and brass punch. First with a small gunsmith hammer, next a regular hammer, then with a 2.5# big boy hammer.

That sucker wouldn’t budge.

What’s my best option for a sight tool?

Thanks!

MGW Sight Pro if you want the best tool. You will need to have the tool and the special shoe for the 92 series.

A significant number of the LTT 92s I've seen, including the one that I own, came out of the box with the front sight installed almost all the way to one side. If this looks obviously abnormal, you might try adjusting that first because it isn't nearly as tight as the rear sight in my experience. Also, there isn't a lot of room in the rear sight dovetail to drift the sight before the dovetail starts to show and the sight rubs on the decocker lever.

Front sight looks good to me.

Also, I see MGW has a dedicated rear sight mover for the Beretta at about $110.

That may be the way to go...

The rear sight can be stubborn on some 92's. If you have a local smith or better yet a smith at a range you belong to, give him a go at it and chances are he can move it.
    Last edited by Geno; 05-09-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Mgw pro will take care of any sight issues you have. Mine were way off also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post
    Front sight looks good to me.

Also, I see MGW has a dedicated rear sight mover for the Beretta at about $110.

That may be the way to go...

That tool should work if you are OK with something only good for the rear sight. I think it's a little spendy for such a single purpose tool, but unfortunately, some of the more "universal" sight tools don't play well with the Beretta slide due to the levers and open slide design.

If I were in your position and only needed the tool to adjust one Beretta sight, I'd probably try to drift the front sight to the left slightly and see if it moves more easily than the rear before spending over a hundred bucks on a single purpose tool. Totally your call though. Sometimes we're just looking for a good excuse to buy some cool new tools and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a model specific rear sight pusher if you think you might need this tool in the future.

Put the slide in a vice between wood blocks then tape the rear sight with masking tape. Use a punch and hammer and drift it and you're done. The front sight is the real problem on 92's.

Site Supporter
    A drop or two of Kroil 24hrs before making the adjustment will make things easier.

Be careful to grip the slide only to the rear third or so. The part w/ just sides and no top will squeeze together pretty easily.

User Tag List