Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Weapon lights with integral lasers

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Back on topic. As mentioned I haven’t had time to really test them except dry fire. Switches push inward which I don’t consider optimum but they’re easier to use than the original TLR-7 switches.
    Definitely check out the TLR-7A option. Huge improvement in the switches.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Definitely check out the TLR-7A option. Huge improvement in the switches.
    Already have and yes they are what the lights should’ve been. I have a 7A for my duty weapon and an 8AG for another Glock. The Olights are just to mess around with since the sale prices were crazy. Anything used on duty or for HD is Surefire or Streamlight. Well and my Cloud OWL, but this is more of a handgun discussion.

  3. #23
    Member rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Adding to the repository, stumbled on these from Crimson Trace. Do we like/trust them these days?

    CMR-205 RAIL MASTER® PRO UNIVERSAL RED LASER SIGHT & TACTICAL LIGHT. Price: $299.99

    CMR-204 RAIL MASTER® PRO UNIVERSAL GREEN LASER SIGHT & TACTICAL LIGHT. Price: $389.99

    Lighting capacity seems... lacking by today’s standards, but at least the laser exits between the light and the bore.

    The Rail Master Pro also includes a powerful 100 Lumen white light for target identification. The unit features four operational modes including: Laser/Light Constant On, Laser Constant On, Light Constant On, and Laser w/Light Dazzler. Activation is instant, with Tap On, Tap Off controls and a programmed Auto Shut Off at five minutes to conserve battery life.

  4. #24
    Haven't met anyone that I trust that liked Viridian, but they've long been a player in the laser game, albeit for handguns: https://viridianweapontech.com/x-series-gen3-learn-more

    Same deal with LaserMax: https://www.lasermax.com/sps-c-g.html

    If you had dug further into the CT offerings, you would have seen these:
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...rifles/01-5560 (only viable for an AR-type PCC)
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...ifles/01-00020

    The latter seems like a pretty cool idea, and probably pretty ideal for most folks looking for a visible spectrum solution, although Midway USA is showing that they're not expecting to get any until November of this year. Not sure if I would actually trust it, just due to the polymer body combined with CT's tendency to lose zero in general (the polymer body in itself isn't inherently a ding, given that the ATPIAL uses it and seem to be fine, I just don't particularly trust CT's execution). The price point also gives me pause, although I guess it is in line with the Streamlight offering.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 05-23-2020 at 01:17 PM.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    south TX
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Adding to the repository, stumbled on these from Crimson Trace. Do we like/trust them these days?

    CMR-204 RAIL MASTER® PRO UNIVERSAL GREEN LASER SIGHT & TACTICAL LIGHT. Price: $389.99

    Lighting capacity seems... lacking by today’s standards, but at least the laser exits between the light and the bore.

    The Rail Master Pro also includes a powerful 100 Lumen white light for target identification. The unit features four operational modes including: Laser/Light Constant On, Laser Constant On, Light Constant On, and Laser w/Light Dazzler. Activation is instant, with Tap On, Tap Off controls and a programmed Auto Shut Off at five minutes to conserve battery life.
    I acquired a used model from a member here for my mom's railed Browning 1911-380:
    https://www.browning.com/products/fi...with-rail.html

    It needs the laser adjusted to the sights, and hasn't been shot at the range yet. She is 76 and has eyesight issues which make a laser significantly better than the front sight for her. The 100 lumen light was sufficient for target ID down a hallway or across the common room in their home, which was the criteria that I was after.
    (Formerly known as Sotex.)

  6. #26
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  7. #27
    I have a TLR-8AG on my P320-M17 and it is a great light but a pain to find holsters for. I also have a TLR-6 for my P365. I just took a low light / night course where we worked primary hand with EDC lights and weapon mounted lights. Just having a light and free hand made a huge difference in several situations. Having the laser was nice to when we were popping out behind barricades and quick firing. A couple of people tried a few drills with mine pistol and really liked how quickly your could get on target around corners with the laser.

  8. #28
    Does Not Even Operate RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest Part of Town...
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Haven't met anyone that I trust that liked Viridian, but they've long been a player in the laser game, albeit for handguns: https://viridianweapontech.com/x-series-gen3-learn-more

    Same deal with LaserMax: https://www.lasermax.com/sps-c-g.html

    If you had dug further into the CT offerings, you would have seen these:
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...rifles/01-5560 (only viable for an AR-type PCC)
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...ifles/01-00020

    The latter seems like a pretty cool idea, and probably pretty ideal for most folks looking for a visible spectrum solution, although Midway USA is showing that they're not expecting to get any until November of this year. Not sure if I would actually trust it, just due to the polymer body combined with CT's tendency to lose zero in general (the polymer body in itself isn't inherently a ding, given that the ATPIAL uses it and seem to be fine, I just don't particularly trust CT's execution). The price point also gives me pause, although I guess it is in line with the Streamlight offering.
    That CMR-301 format is precisely what I am after. I keep thinking the ATPIAL/PEQ/Whatever IR Ilum/Laser format is ideal for a rifle. The shortened (height wise) format and offset of the light and laser, just makes sense. I was hunting for a decent quality visible-only version and that’s it.

    Thanks for pointing it out!
    "P-f: I lurked for wonderful combat pistolcraft advice, but I ponied up cash for my daily dose of Dada." - Baldanders

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •