Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weapon lights with integral lasers

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

looks like Streamlight has at least put the emitter for the IR version into the bezel with the white light... "only" 300 lumens though?

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6.../dp/B07PKW46K4
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

300L is fine its more on the focus and throw. I have seen 1000L lights that have do not have a focus or throw be useless where a Surefire M951 had a better focus that made it a better thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    300L is fine its more on the focus and throw. I have seen 1000L lights that have do not have a focus or throw be useless where a Surefire M951 had a better focus that made it a better thrower.
    Examples of both please?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Examples of both please?
    The Malkoff E2 HyperThrow head has only 500 lumens, yet has double the candela (35k) of a SureFire M600DF with 1500 lumens (16k candela). So the M600DF is way floodier, and the lack of throw is often seen as a weakness for a rifle-mounted light. The old M600U, ironically, had more throw than the M600DF (22k candela), despite only having 1000 lumens.

There are a lot of cheap weapon lights that you can get from Amazon and other places that say 500-1000 lumens. They have that at the source but when you try and use them for down range to ID others and you can do it from a older surefire M951, M961, or even some of streamlight weapon lights that have a better reflector that lets the lights be able to focus on a longer range target. I have issue with some lights that say I have 1000 lumens but I cannot ID a target at 25-30 yards because it is not focused. That is why you need to take a look at the construction of the light and how the reflectors are. Look at the same number lumen lights in the Surefire lineup with a X300 or a M600 how yes you can use a pistol light on a rifle but the reflector on my M600 is better than my X300 on my rifle and I can ID people at longer ranges than my early made X300U.

User Tag List