Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon lights with integral lasers

Weapon lights with integral lasers

Maybe there’s already a thread on this? If so I may have missed it.

I know that @GJM is using the Streamlight TLR-8 on a gun or two, and I bought one for my PCC based on this. Problem with this option, like a lot of others, is that for a carbine solution it puts the laser an awful long way from the bore line.

Similar option would be the Surefire X400 available in green, red, and infrared laser versions.

SUREFIRE also has the XC2 in red and IR which has less light and a more optimally located laser but evidently doesn’t allow you to choose between light and laser, “only” offers 300 lumens, and seems to have a runtime of maybe 30 minutes.

Then there’s the XVL2 and XVL2 IRC that, Frankly I’m not exactly sure of the difference as both appear to offer both IR and white light, IR laser and green laser.

The SUREFIRE XH55 seems to be what we all want, with the laser output between the light and the bore, but it’s been vaporware for 2 years or more and is 1000 lumens (which imo may be too bright, as I’d probably trade lumens for ru time personally) and runs $700. It seems they may be offering it in both red and green if it ever becomes real.

Am I missing anything? Anything else on the horizon?

Personally, the XH55 option is so exciting because I’d like to mount it at 12 o’clock in a carbine handguard.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I had been asking about the Olight one - some people ordered them but I don't know if anyone's had a chance to try one out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I had been asking about the Olight one - some people ordered them but I don't know if anyone's had a chance to try one out yet.
    The BALDR RL in red and the BALDR PRO in green?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yeah, that's the one, or those are the two or whichever.

Very curious to see how they do.

Rob - there is the Steiner DBAL-PL - https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/dbal-pl - For pistols and the DBAL-RL - https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/dbal-rl-v2

I haven't tried either of these, just some other options. They have an advantage of putting the laser above the light, so when flipped upside down for 12 o'clock mounting, the laser would be closer to the bore.

The RL is probably the way to go with a remote switch. The pistol switches for the PL doesn't look conducive to being run upside down (I could be wrong, haven't been hands on with either of these).

___

I'm definitely interested to see what folks suggest. I imagine you and I are thinking of similar applications ("PDW"). I would definitely love a light/laser combo with a green laser, I could potentially use as either a secondary sighting system or for a secondary zero for shooting subsonics.

I have a TLR-8AG and so far consider it the best option that’s actually for sale. I grabbed a couple of the Olights during one of their crazy sales and they seem fine but I haven’t really pushed them at all. And to be fair, for the price I have low expectations.

I’m still waiting for the SF XR2. Green laser that’s closer to the bore. And 600 lumens. If they actually start selling it I’ll probably buy a few of them.

Streamlight has the TLR2 HL “G” with green laser. We had one forT&E, and I ran it on a GLOCK by the bed at home.
    Bright, reportedly 1000 lumens with a laser at the bottom of the housing. It worked in the limited time I used it (a few hundred rounds)but it was a bit bulky.
    I currently have a TLR8G mounted on a duty pistol, and ended up with a SUREFIRE X300 on an Arisaka “Mossie” Mount which clamps to the front sight on my Colt carbine. The TLR8 will work; one just needs to note off set and practice accordingly.
    Although a combo setup with a laser mounted inboard would be really nice...

I’m probably ordering the BALDR.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I have no first hand experience with this, but an ad for it popped up in my feed just the other day.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...nt-hl-x-laser#
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I have no first hand experience with this, but an ad for it popped up in my feed just the other day.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...nt-hl-x-laser#
    That’s actually sort of interesting. May be a little larger than the pictures would first lead one to believe.

It appears that the laser comes right out of the light bezel?

User Tag List