Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 870 side folder?

Site Supporter
    Has anyone measured the LOP with this new Remington side folder mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I owned one of the Choate side foldering stocks with the pistol grip, it was a wobbly horrible POS.
    This one?

https://www.riflestock.com/store/pro...d-pump-rifles/

Because Suarez used it with his TAC-14 braces... and I’ve found it to be the most solid folding mechanism I’ve ever seen.

I’m doing a Form 1 my TAC-14 to AOW, so I can legally put it back on (will also swap in a SBA3 at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    This one?

https://www.riflestock.com/store/pro...d-pump-rifles/

Because Suarez used it with his TAC-14 braces... and I’ve found it to be the most solid folding mechanism I’ve ever seen.
    No, the old all polymer one they have made for 25 years is a wobbly POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Has anyone measured the LOP with this new Remington side folder mounted?

13.5 without spacers, they ship a couple of spacers with it.

You guys are responsible for me dropping $110 on one of those -- thinking I might turn one of my 870s into a compact bag gun for the truck... If the stock works out, I'll be in search of a bag that takes advantage of the length.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    No, the old all polymer one they have made for 25 years is a wobbly POS.
    Take a look at that one... very solid setup. Plus, it is easy to use.

It hurts my head to do math, but the above post means my stamped SBS Wingmaster Magnum OAL with that folder would be 20.5-in.

What fun!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    It hurts my head to do math, but the above post means my stamped SBS Wingmaster Magnum OAL with that folder would be 20.5-in.

What fun!
    I am moving mine to my registered 14" 870 SBS this week so hang on a few days and I will tell you exactly.....

Sorry buddy, I failed to mention I had the original blued 20-in. RS bbl cut to 12.5-in. That's what I based my Resource Math data upon.

It was formerly my issued Narcotics unit shotgun circus summer '95. I bought it when dept. traded it about 2010. I'd installed XS BDT Express sight on it way back when I was a brand new action figure. Tritium is half-past dead but kept
    them on board after the circumsion.

I've already started process of turning my ol' thunderbuddy into my retirement barbecue gun with some laser engraving (starting to wish I'd gone with cut engraving...) Including the trust engraving.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

That sounds like a very cool SBS setup.

To ease your math problem, this stock, when folded, adds exactly 2" as measured from the top rear corner of the receiver.Name:  Remington stock folded.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  29.1 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 05-31-2020 at 07:41 AM.

User Tag List