Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phlster Pro Series

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I have one of those for a G43. Mine is the old wedge style but it has even more excess material beneath the dust cover. Either the newer one works a lot better or I'm not explaining myself well. This is what digs in my hip crease:

Attachment 56615
    I understand what you're saying. Sounds like you need to move it a little to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    The most uncomfortable part of the AIWB holster (for me anyways) has always been the extra plastic under the dust cover where the wing bolts on/retention adjustment. I don't have a lot of room so it digs into the crease of my leg when seated for long periods of time. Years ago, JMCK used to fold the body side plastic over this portion and it worked really well. Easy enough to live with but I wonder if this design would eliminate the issue or just create a different one.
    You've been around long enough that I imagine you've tried it, but I always found the original JMCK aiwb's better than the wing versions in this regard. The claw versions conceal a longer grip better, for me, though.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Here are some pictures that show that area of the Pro Series on Glock 17 and P320 version.

Name:  7946452C-BBA7-492A-B3C7-083E40C539C7.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  D75CC3C5-AFC8-4264-BA15-104E30EB875F.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  63.4 KB

I received my PRO holster a few days after they were released. I opted not to use any of the provided hardware and had a newer set of Mod 4's that DCC sent me to try out.

There were a few inquiries on various forms of social media inquiring about the thickness of the holster, so I took a photo to show the difference between a Henry Holsters Flint for a G17 and the PHLster PRO also for a G17.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Not seeing the ambi design as a plus. I wind up with an extra wedge on the wrong side, printing more in the front of my pants?

Thought this too initially. Now, looks like I may be going in for shoulder surgery again. Pretty handy to be able to switch the attachments and be back in business.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The sole advantage to my mind is not having to stock a left handed holster in case you injure your primary hand and need to carry wrong handed for a bit for the right handed. I learned the hard way it was a good idea and had to borrow a holster real quick. For the left handed, it also opens up a bigger market if you decide to sell...
    Saw your post after I posted. Yes. Sometimes you have unexpected injuries and having a holster immediately available that works either side and you're used to is nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thought this too initially. Now, looks like I may be going in for shoulder surgery again. Pretty handy to be able to switch the attachments and be back in business.
    I keep a left handed holster for a J Frame, 365 and Glock around for just those reasons.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I keep a left handed holster for a J Frame, 365 and Glock around for just those reasons.
    Me too. And for teaching wrong handed recruits so I can demo for them rather than have them "do this, but reversed". That last bit may be some silly little point only I worry about.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Me too. And for teaching wrong handed recruits so I can demo for them rather than have them "do this, but reversed". That last bit may be some silly little point only I worry about.

pat
    Probably not silly. Based on how many people I see that have trouble assembling their Enigmas for left hand usage (the demo video just says to reverse everything for left hand use) I'd wager that not everyone's minds are wired to easily figure out how to mirror image specific actions.

User Tag List