Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phlster Pro Series

Not seeing the ambi design as a plus. I wind up with an extra wedge on the wrong side, printing more in the front of my pants?

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Not seeing the ambi design as a plus. I wind up with an extra wedge on the wrong side, printing more in the front of my pants?
    The wedge on the Pro Series in my experience is not an issue. It isn't as big as some other wedge designs. I have been really impressed with the Pro Series. It exceeded my expectations, and pulled me away from my normal EDC holster.

An ambi holster seems like an advantage to the mfr and not the end user. Am I missing something? It does look like a solid option. Waiting for more gun options like the 365 xl.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    An ambi holster seems like an advantage to the mfr and not the end user. Am I missing something? It does look like a solid option. Waiting for more gun options like the 365 xl.
    I suppose it is a little, but if it works, what does it really matter? IIRC, rumor is this holster is meant to be something that will work for multiple people who all carry the same gun.

My experience with the holster is that the functionally is above par. As a point of reference, I have used a DSG Orion, Keepers, JMCK AIWB, JMCK Wingclaw 2.0, Henry Holsters Flint, PHLster Floodlight, and PHLster Classic. My previous go to has been the Wing Claw 2.0 with DCC clips. Right now I favor the Pro Series over the Wing Claw 2.0. The Pro Series is more comfortable. The Wing Claw 2.0 conceals a tiny bit better. Pro Series gets the nod b/c concealment is good enough and it is more comfortable to carry all day.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    The sole advantage to my mind is not having to stock a left handed holster in case you injure your primary hand and need to carry wrong handed for a bit for the right handed. I learned the hard way it was a good idea and had to borrow a holster real quick. For the left handed, it also opens up a bigger market if you decide to sell...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I got two (G19 + G48) and am appreciating them. Not sure if it's the wedge design or the ability to position the new dual arm DCC clip in just the right place. I actually installed the Dark Star Gear Dark Wing which I had previously discarded and am liking how that works with it this holster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    The wedge on the Pro Series in my experience is not an issue. It isn't as big as some other wedge designs. I have been really impressed with the Pro Series. It exceeded my expectations, and pulled me away from my normal EDC holster.

The most uncomfortable part of the AIWB holster (for me anyways) has always been the extra plastic under the dust cover where the wing bolts on/retention adjustment. I don't have a lot of room so it digs into the crease of my leg when seated for long periods of time. Years ago, JMCK used to fold the body side plastic over this portion and it worked really well. Easy enough to live with but I wonder if this design would eliminate the issue or just create a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    The most uncomfortable part of the AIWB holster (for me anyways) has always been the extra plastic under the dust cover where the wing bolts on/retention adjustment. I don't have a lot of room so it digs into the crease of my leg when seated for long periods of time. Years ago, JMCK used to fold the body side plastic over this portion and it worked really well. Easy enough to live with but I wonder if this design would eliminate the issue or just create a different one.
    That's where the Tenicor Velo is a hair better than most due to its trim design. You can carry a little closer to the hip crease if you prefer. Having said that, I bought a PHLster Classic a couple years ago because I thought the "teardrop" would be better than spongy muzzle pads. That was a bad purchase for me due to the single attachment.

Later I started using the JMCK 2.0 with the muzzle pad. It worked well but then I became intrigued by the Tenicor thinking the "body contour" would be better than the muzzle pad of my JMCK. What I found is these supposedly "one size fits all" molded teardrops / contours / etc are more "one size fits SOME" than fits all.

I just put in service a new JMCK 2.0 34-length with DCC clips and finally think I've settled the issue for me once and for all. It took a week to get used to the extra 3/4 inch length of the 34 compared to the 17-length. I'm using both the JM-supplied pad as well as the Dark Star teardrop pad - can't really say one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    That's where the Tenicor Velo is a hair better than most due to its trim design. You can carry a little closer to the hip crease if you prefer. Having said that, I bought a PHLster Classic a couple years ago because I thought the "teardrop" would be better than spongy muzzle pads. That was a bad purchase for me due to the single attachment.

Later I started using the JMCK 2.0 with the muzzle pad. It worked well but then I became intrigued by the Tenicor thinking the "body contour" would be better than the muzzle pad of my JMCK. What I found is these supposedly "one size fits all" molded teardrops / contours / etc are more "one size fits SOME" than fits all.

I just put in service a new JMCK 2.0 34-length with DCC clips and finally think I've settled the issue for me once and for all. It took a week to get used to the extra 3/4 inch length of the 34 compared to the 17-length. I'm using both the JM-supplied pad as well as the Dark Star teardrop pad - can't really say one is better than the other.
    If you haven’t tried it yet, hacking up a yoga block to make your own wedge can be game changing. It allows you to fit the wedge to you. Can make a big difference in comfort and concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    That's where the Tenicor Velo is a hair better than most due to its trim design. You can carry a little closer to the hip crease if you prefer.
    I have one of those for a G43. Mine is the old wedge style but it has even more excess material beneath the dust cover. Either the newer one works a lot better or I'm not explaining myself well. This is what digs in my hip crease:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  20.6 KB

User Tag List