Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good video of belligerent taken down and pinned

Good video of belligerent taken down and pinned

Obligatory Didn't see this posted anywhere else, sorry if...

BLUF: Seemingly inebriated Florida man videoed in a verbal with restaurant staff gets all head-butty, customer politely wraps him up.

Full story here: https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/joel-michael-singer/

Other than being a nice example of a shitbird getting his due, it's also a good look at a physical intervention gone right, where force was used I'd argue capably and proportionately, intervener maintained his cool, adjusted when necessary, worked effectively to control the situation and bring it down a notch if possible, and didn't get sucked in to taking it personally and losing advantage.

It certainly helps he was physically able and with some skill to rely on (high school wrestler, per article), which might be grist for our particular mill vis-a-vis what if those factors weren't in play, or if the douche brought more to the fight, or if the intervener was carrying and things hadn't gone in his favor, etc.

All the usual interesting things to observe, applaud or criticize, and play "what if" with that helps us think through these things, but with a good video to work from...

...but mostly just nice to see it go the way it did.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Nicely done by the good guy. I don't think I'd want to spend six minutes on the floor with the idiot, however.

(Not that I could have handled the matter as coolly as demonstrated, nor that I would have gotten involved at that juncture.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

if anyone's wondering about the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iXcEdIZQYI

Site Supporter
    Solid work.

The level of calm the guy displayed after taking the drunk down was great.

So many "street fights" seem to devolve into these ugly things with guys getting knocked out, bouncing their heads on the pavement, getting soccer kicked. Before you know it, someone is dead and all parties are worse off for it. Best to keep calm.

The grappler in question obviously could have ruined the guys day. I am pretty sure he deliberately swapped from what looked like a setup for a bulldog choke that, given the muscles on his arms, would have been devastating. Instead it looks like he opted for wrist control.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

As a long time Judo practitioner, we use pins like this extensively, and they will crush your ego and spirit very quickly! I love at the end, when the douche got more mad and began to squirm (well, he tried) and the good guy just simply rolled on top, applying even more of his body weight...nicely done sir!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    As a long time Judo practitioner, we use pins like this extensively, and they will crush your ego and spirit very quickly! I love at the end, when the douche got more mad and began to squirm (well, he tried) and the good guy just simply rolled on top, applying even more of his body weight...nicely done sir!!
    I hate hate HATE getting stuck under a judo player in Kesa Gatame....it's effing miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I hate hate HATE getting stuck under a judo player in Kesa Gatame....it's effing miserable.
    Yes it is!

A good illustration of how long you are on your own when you need a cop. And the video ended at 6 min.+ and the cavalry had not yet arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    A good illustration of how long you are on your own when you need a cop. And the video ended at 6 min.+ and the cavalry had not yet arrived.
    Indeed, although in this particular case Good Guy seemed like he had a lot in the tank and many more compliance or sleep inducing options available to him if necessary, but your point is right on.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I like how brave the headbutted guy got once his attacker was pinned by the bystander. Am I the only one wishing wrestler guy had offered to let him back up at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Had the authorities been notified yet? I didn't hear any indication of it. A good reminder to instruct someone specific to call 911 unless you already know they've been called. Also a good idea to have someone on "your team" call if possible so responding officers know the suspect is the guy being held down vs he's the good guy losing or it's just mutual combat.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List