Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good video of belligerent taken down and pinned

Site Supporter
    I think at the end of the video there is a reflection of blue lights

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I think at the end of the video there is a reflection of blue lights
    Good spotting -- red-and-blues reflected in the maitre-d's station on the right.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I like how brave the headbutted guy got once his attacker was pinned by the bystander. Am I the only one wishing wrestler guy had offered to let him back up at that point?
    Yeah, I feel a bit for Mr. Sucker-butted -- he either didn't read or ignored the warning signs, failed to maintain distance, and when the initial shock of getting tagged wore off the adrenaline kicked in and because it was safe to, a face-saving rage moment followed.

It's funny...we're still simians.

Had the authorities been notified yet? I didn't hear any indication of it. A good reminder to instruct someone specific to call 911 unless you already know they've been called. Also a good idea to have someone on "your team" call if possible so responding officers know the suspect is the guy being held down vs he's the good guy losing or it's just mutual combat.
    It can feel silly as shit sometimes (especially alone), but mixed in with dry-fire and striking and grappling drills, there's practical value in including scenario-based verbal drills that involve instructing folks from the crowd in things like calling 911 (and what to say), selecting and talking one or two hardier looking dudes (if any) through safely assisting in holding the problem until PD arrives, and deescalation talk for the problem himself.

"More you sweat, less you bleed" has a verbal analogue, basically -- nothing novel, just adding to the discussion.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Indeed, although in this particular case Good Guy seemed like he had a lot in the tank and many more compliance or sleep inducing options available to him if necessary, but your point is right on.
    Lucky he didn't have friends

User Tag List