Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Olight 1200 lumen WML $73 Friday May 8th

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Got mine yesterday, bright and well made.
    #metoo
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Well, this is annoying. I took a minute to verify that the 1913 crossbar on the PL-2 Valkyrie would work with the goofy Sig round rail. It turns out the body of the light is too long, or the crossbar is too far forward, to work with a classic Sig. Tried P220 and P226, and the back of the light runs into the front of the trigger guard on both. It may be possible to heavily modify the battery cover latch (and possibly the cover itself) to make it work, but it would be much better to get a light that actually fits.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Mine fits my M9A1 and fits in a Safariland 6280-73421.

Site Supporter
    I made an account and will buy one of their products. I have not determined where they are made. Any information on their origin?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well, this is annoying. I took a minute to verify that the 1913 crossbar on the PL-2 Valkyrie would work with the goofy Sig round rail. It turns out the body of the light is too long, or the crossbar is too far forward, to work with a classic Sig. Tried P220 and P226, and the back of the light runs into the front of the trigger guard on both. It may be possible to heavily modify the battery cover latch (and possibly the cover itself) to make it work, but it would be much better to get a light that actually fits.
    I would like to buy one of these to fit my .45 ACP Shield. Looking at their website, I formed the opinion that the "one size
    fits several" may be the design plan. That opinion is an observation and not a criticism. Olong, if you contact the company, you may find a solution to the problem you encountered. The owner might appreciate the information.

Vending Machine Operator
    I really, really like this light. Build quality compares to my TLR-1HL and TLR-7, the tactile “click” is great, the mounting is easy as hell, and it’s “wrath of the sun god” bright.

Good looking out posting this sale.

Pictured on an M2.0 5”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I made an account and will buy one of their products. I have not determined where they are made. Any information on their origin?
    China, just like Surefire.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    China, just like Surefire.
    SureFire is not made in China, AFAIK. They certainly use some parts sourced from China, but that is very different from being completely manufactured in China, end to end, like what Olight does. It is my understanding that SureFire lights are still assembled in the USA, with both parts from the USA and from overseas; LED production has essentially totally shifted overseas (so almost any light will contain overseas components), AFAIK, but you can still make the bodies, contacts, etc. here.

Quote Originally Posted by SureFire
    Our best-in-class flashlights, hands-free lights, and WeaponLights are also designed, machined, tested, and assembled in the U.S., but if even one component of our products is entirely or substantially made abroad, we cannot legally mark it as “Made in the U.S.A.” In today’s competitive global economy, and given our mission of ensuring our best-in-class illumination products continue to stay that way, it’s not possible to source every component from within the U.S. We do import a few components – most notably, the finest light emitting diodes (LEDs) from top-notch manufacturers outside the country – to incorporate into our products. All of that said, we do rely on as many American-made parts and components as possible, and the assembly of these components is done under our watchful eye in the U.S. to ensure optimal quality. SureFire is an American company that employs hundreds of hardworking Americans and proudly serves those who venture into harm’s way. We intend to keep it that way. All SureFire illumination products are designed, perfected, and manufactured in the USA with the finest materials and components sourced worldwide.
    Source: https://www.surefire.com/product-edu...lt-in-the-usa/

Vending Machine Operator
    Detached my PL2 from my gun to use as a hand light searching for a missing pet tonight. Downside, after about 10 minutes it’s way too hot to use as a hand light. Upside, it lit the whole field like daylight and 10 min was all we needed to find the cat. 1200 lumens is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List