Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They're back: second-to-original surefire 6Ps in stock again at tacsports

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    As mentioned, any of the M61 modules. The warm and neutral tints sort of split around the tone of the original incandescent 6P, with the warm being closest, but a bit warmer. I chose the low output warm for my original laser products 6P, figuring that going from 65 to 200lumens was enough, plus the excellent battery life—this really is a cake and eat it too module. That said, I did the standard neutral tint in the NOS light I got from the link. As mentioned, it’s a great option too.

Either tint works better than the typical blue/white led, IMO. Output depends on use. If it’s outdoors, or handheld with gun duty; standard. If you just want to look at stuff, and might be grabbing it to look in a closet, basement or the back of a really packed safe, then the low output is actually better. Plus, the battery life on that module is forever, compared to the original 6P. Pays for itself in cr123s.
    well I pulled the trigger on the middle superbright (whatever model that is) but after reading your post I realize I wish I'd have gone with the 200 lumen middle warm model you suggest.

They are damn quick to ship too, so it's likely too late to make the change.

I also got... I dunno, something... for the legacy 3P too.

Ordered a couple, thanks for the heads up.

Got an e-mail for 10% off after I placed my order.

Posting it here for others:

7FG52DR1ZNC7

Not sure if it's one use or multiple.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I grabbed one, and a malkoff drop in. Odds are it will end up on my carbine.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Would you need anything else (shock wise) to put a Malkoff drop in on a shotgun?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Would you need anything else (shock wise) to put a Malkoff drop in on a shotgun?
    No, the Malkoff drop-in is extremely shock proof.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    No, they are fully potted in epoxy so about as good as an electronic module can be. The incandescent bulbs needed extra shock absorption in the bezel, but not LED.

Thanks guys. I mounted my old 6P on an 870 and realized whatever bulb that is in there, just isn’t up to what’s available today. Need to upgrade. Thanks!

I don't know about longevity or whether it will stand up to rifle recoil but I put this on my old round head 6P for about $15.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1VM3ZV...osi&th=1&psc=1

I don't know its actually 1300 lumens or not but its much brighter than my G2 rated at 600 lumens. Not the best construction and no telling it will last or not.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I don't know about longevity or whether it will stand up to rifle recoil but I put this on my old round head 6P for about $15.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1VM3ZV...osi&th=1&psc=1

I don't know its actually 1300 lumens or not but its much brighter than my G2 rated at 600 lumens. Not the best construction and no telling it will last or not.
    I've purchased a number (7 or 8, with all but one in a light at the moment) of similar units from Amazon. One even lived on my shotgun until I got the Steiner WML for it.

No issues on my end. They've all worked and continue to work. That's why I've not been able to justify a Malkoff yet.

I should stop buying cheap chinesium lamps, but #poor .

Chris

Amazon delivered my drop in for the old 6P. Quite the difference. Drills to follow. I may need to pick up a couple more of the 6P’s. Forgot how nicely sized they are for gun lights. I have small Streamlights on a few carbines, but there’s something about having a big old hunk of 6P hanging down there that’s just comforting.

Original linked source sold out

User Tag List