Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They're back: second-to-original surefire 6Ps in stock again at tacsports

They're back: second-to-original surefire 6Ps in stock again at tacsports

I see that the price has skyrocketed by 10 bucks; probably due in no small part to P-F breaking their website last time.

At any rate, FYI:

https://tacticalsportsgear.com/produ...eid=aee33852ef

PS. backstory:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....efire-6P-Legos

True story, no lie, G.I.: I've got metric stupid flashlights and knives, and set a self-imposed moratorium for 2019: no further acquisitions of either. I had made it to MF'ing DECEMBER when that thread came along.

Props again to @Sidheshooter...that was a huuuge deal. Still legit at $44 shipped, and I had great service from the supplier. Doooo itttt, hipsters. Mine still has the incan bulb in it.

God I love and hate this place.

Ordered two.

Because I want to build one into a high CRI dog walking light and because I want to build another as a nightstand light.

Love the 6P. This one has a lot of miles on it. But it doesn’t have an incandescent bulb any longer.

Name:  C749FE74-F686-4CD5-BB37-DC49E3C499FD.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  45.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks! In and got one. Almost feel like I stole it.
    What LED bulb are people running? Also need the "rubber retention thingy".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Love the 6P. This one has a lot of miles on it. But it doesn’t have an incandescent bulb any longer.

Name:  C749FE74-F686-4CD5-BB37-DC49E3C499FD.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  45.9 KB
    I have one from the early 90s myself, bought it as a 6R but later converted it to a 6P.

For $78 you can buy a Malkoff body and head without a drop in so essentially what a old 6P would be to us today.

However the Malkoff is bored to accept rechargeable 18650 batteries. It would cost at least as much if not more to send out a old 6P and have it machined out to take an 18650.

Also you can get a high low ring which does not work in a 6P. The ability to have a low is worth $30 in itself.

if you're looking for just a dedicated weapon light and want to save the money then the 6P is probably the better deal.

If it's for carry use the high low is a huge asset and is very well designed.

I have one of the first, all-rounded LP 6Ps, myself.

We’ve covered a lot of this territory in the other threads: sometimes you just want a bone-simple "all the lumens now/all the lumens gone now" interface, and these NOS surefires with a Malkoff drop-in fit the bill.

Let’s see here, I’ve got a low output warm in my original recipe; and one each of the 400 lumen deals in warm and neutral for the tacgear informal group buys—one of which I gave to my dad.

At any rate, get you one of these 6Ps as a donor, and then go get a little head at Malkoff:

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...-etc-6-9-volts

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...sometimes you just want a bone-simple "all the lumens now/all the lumens gone now" interface...
    That is all I ever want with no drama. Thanks for posting this. I picked up another 6p and holding for a good deal on malkoff upgrade.

Well.....the surefire g2x tac has 600 good lumens with single mode and lightweight body with dual springs for $60ish.....

Understand I have 10 + Malkoff products....

User Tag List