Thread: Dillon 1100 purchase considerations

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    380 brass is a tool of the devil.
    Hatessss it, yesss we do
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Hatessss it, yesss we do
    Flipside, if you're poor and run a Lee APP on everything, the feed mechanism when setup for 9mm will jam on .380, acting as a sorting mechanism while you deprime or swage.

Which also defeats the point of a 1050/1100.

380 brass is a tool of the devil.

Just ordered the Shell Sorter Value Pack.
    Yeah, I’ve got the plates, but not the 380 plate. Might have to go on my wish list.

As far as spawn of the devil, the toolbag who invented small primer 45 brass needs to be shot. That stuff is a pain to sort, until my eyes bleed. Make a standard, large or small and stick with it!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

If you aren't getting crimped primer brass that needs swaging, there is a small pocket detector that replaces the swage.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    As far as spawn of the devil, the toolbag who invented small primer 45 brass needs to be shot.
    PREACH!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Been told there is SP 10mm brass now also but have not seen it myself.

Honestly I haven’t reloaded in a while, but I still just ordered this: https://shootingsportsinnovations.co...powder-funnel/

Mark7 Bullet Sensor. Pipe cleaners and the little plastic wheels to manage bullet wobble. An aftermarket shell plate ... maybe.

I prefer to QC my 9mm brass manually with a .40 MTM case, then pre-process brass (size/deprime) while watchign Netflix and doing chores. When I eventually get around to loading I like to run about 2500 in an evening ... as smoothly as possible, and QC in a Hundo.

Loading commercially? Just know that the bottom WILL eventually fall out of the current ammo prices.

GL
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Flipside, if you're poor and run a Lee APP on everything, the feed mechanism when setup for 9mm will jam on .380, acting as a sorting mechanism while you deprime or swage.

Which also defeats the point of a 1050/1100.
    I love my Lee App.
    #RESIST

PREACH!
    In the last four days, I've rough processed about 2,000 rounds of .45 ACP brass. This is brass I've been collecting for a long time, supplemented by pick up brass from the local range where I guess only reach people who don't reload shoot - because there's almost as much brass on the ground as gravel. Of the 2K casings, almost a 400 were small pistol primer, with another 300-400 crimped military primer pockets. The rest of the currently useable brass, deprimed and resized, is in the FART right now, getting the full monty bath with SS pins.

It'd be easy to just say swage all the brass, and not have to sort it, but with about 20% of the brass on the ground being SPP, that's a problem...

User Tag List