Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of jogger in GA

Shooting of jogger in GA

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Apparently racial tension hasn't been sufficiently stoked of late...

Optics are bad. Video isn't particularly helpful, either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Apparently racial tension hasn't been sufficiently stoked of late...

Optics are bad. Video isn't particularly helpful, either.
    Yup this is going to be a shit show. Two white dudes in a truck killing an unarmed black man...

Video looks pretty damning, not sure how "stand your ground" is going to play out in this scenario as you got two armed dudes going after a unarmed dude in broad daylight and is known runner in the area...

Key Details:

The dude standing in the back of the truck is a retired DA's investigator who worked in that circuit's DA's office. The local DA recused himself. The case then went to a neighboring circuit, but that DA also recused himself. It has now been assigned to a third DA's office. That DA has already announced the case will go a grand jury as soon as possible. The earliest that could be is June due to a virus related emergency order.

Last night, the current presiding DA requested a GBI investigation. Under state law, the GBI is a by-request agency, and with few exceptions, can't be involved in a case unless requested by certain officials established by law.

Also of note, the release of the video is being investigated by the GBI, and they only conduct investigations into criminal offenses.

The GBI is also investigating threats against the local police and others involved in the case.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

@jlw, I haven't spent much time on this matter beyond what I saw and read last night.

Do you happen to know who, (not the name), took the video and what prompted their taking it?

I wish the deceased had just kept running...though, from appearances, he probably shouldn't have had to.

@jlw, I haven't spent much time on this matter beyond what I saw and read last night.

Do you happen to know who, (not the name), took the video and what prompted their taking it?

I wish the deceased had just kept running...though, from appearances, he probably shouldn't have had to.
    One AJC story I read indicated they had raced him down in the truck, blocked his path out of the neighborhood and he commenced to running around the truck, leading to the clash with the individual outside the truck attempting to detain him.

I can't say for sure on those details of course.

I don't understand that they had legal cause to even attempt to detain him and as just armed citizens on the street - the judgement applied was shit.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It strikes me as unseemly to have a GBI investigation launched into "who leaked the video". Seems like a distant secondary problem. I must be missing something.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Seems like some folks are going to be going to prison and I won't be unhappy about it

The video I saw last night went a few seconds further in time and showed the decedent running a few feet away before collapsing.

One media report stated that the video was taken by a third man who was with the father/son duo.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List