Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of jogger in GA

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    So, now that we have 188 posts, is anyone still wondering why the video being leaked is being investigated criminally?

Happy There's No Way We're Gonna Impanel An Impartial Jury Day, everyone.
    I assume it was leaked because someone doubted a Jury was going to be impaneled, period, without public outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I assume it was leaked because someone doubted a Jury was going to be impaneled, period, without public outcry.
    From which side, I wonder...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I'm not sure what's giving people the idea that with all of the above, the guy that ran at the armed men and attempted to wrestle away their weapons is the reasonable one here. Or that there is cause to arrest the men that came to check on him. I think it's a combination of Southern stereotypes and media outrage narrative.
    Unknown Armed Guy gets out of truck in the path of Running Guy.

Running Guy changes path to avoid Armed Guy.

Armed Guy moves to intercept Running Guy.

Running Guy shouldn’t try to defend himself?

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    His Aunts house was 1.9 miles away and he reportedly stayed with her on occasion. Close ups of the video make it appear that he is wearing Timberlands or a knockoff, but like I said earlier, you can jog in whatever you want to. I think you might want to stay away from getting information from deleted Reddit posts.
    Where did you see 1.9 miles? I show Theawanza's publicly listed address as 13 miles away, but maybe she had since moved (or maybe there is another aunt)?

Name:  Screenshot_2020-05-07-15-54-42-1.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  30.8 KB

You can certainly jog in whatever attire you desire, but running a marathon in cargo shorts and Timberlands strains credulity...

Interesting, because I flipped it around.

I assume it was leaked by someone related to the defendants to make it difficult to find an impartial jury.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Where did you see 1.9 miles? I show Theawanza's publicly listed address as 13 miles away, but maybe she had since moved (or maybe there is another aunt)?

Name:  Screenshot_2020-05-07-15-54-42-1.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  30.8 KB

You can certainly jog in whatever attire you desire, but running a marathon in cargo shorts and Timberlands strains credulity...
    I'm not comfortable posting peoples addresses and where I got them on a public forum and frankly you shouldn't be either. The distance is also irrelevant, lots of folks jog in neighborhoods that they prefer to run in rather than their own.

Does it though?

Bataan Death March

I know I'm occasionally prone to hyperbole, but seriously man, I read that line and thought, "I'm sure there are people out there who have walked/run/marched thousands of miles in boots."

___

And maybe it does strain credulity on the part of the decedent. It's difficult to ask him why he was running in boots and shorts (if in fact he was wearing boots).

I'm still having a hard time finding a good, credible, reason to cut off a guy, running in the middle of the street, and engage him with firearms. Particularly, one that doesn't involve the individual coming from a crime scene, covered in blood, or you didn't just catch him trying to rape your grandmother, but instead saw him peering into an under construction (i.e., open) structure.

The idea that somehow if I should encounter armed individuals who give chase/follow me for a period of time and simple stop when they order me to...strains credulity on my part. Even if it is legal.

Except....

It was leaked after the announcement that the grand jury would be impaneled.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

You're right and it looks like the ex-cop would need to prove criminal intent for burglary to apply in Georgia. The decedent's criminal history & unusual "jogging" attire lend some credence to criminal intent, but alone they're unlikely to be enough.
    The decedent's criminal history had NO bearing on the legality of this shooting because the shooter could not have known the information at the time of the shooting. Only the facts known by the shooter at the time can be factored in to the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Georgia has the Klan.
    We do? Perhaps they meet in their little treehouse fort behind Mom's house these days. I think a more serious threat are the Spanish gangs these days.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List