Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of jogger in GA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Lawyers for Arbery’s family said the 2017 incident was a clear depiction of “a situation where Ahmaud was harassed by Glynn county police officers.” There was “no justifiable reason” for Arbery to be threatened with a Taser, the lawyers said. “This appears to be just a glimpse into the kind of scrutiny Ahmaud Arbery faced not only by this police department, but ultimately regular citizens like the McMichaels and their posse, pretending to be police officers.” In 2013, Arbery was placed on probation for carrying a gun at a high school basketball game. He was then charged with shoplifting and violating his probation in 2018, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Those charges have nothing to do with his killing, his attorneys have said.
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/cops-t...ent-in-a-park/
    Having a taser pointed at him 3 years ago: relevant.
    Crimes he's been charged with, and if he's on probation convicted of: not relevant.

That's some find narrative building, there.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Crimes he's been charged with, and if he's on probation convicted of: not relevant.

When he didn't say "don't tase me bro'" he lost all my sympathy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

If they're going to bring in the county as defendants on a civil rights beef, I can see them arguing "patterns and practices".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Did anyone establish yet what deddood was really up to?

Probably won't help the defendants, and doesn't mean I'm going to copy them anytime soon, but definitely affects whether I feel any sympathy for deddood and make the public outcry aspect far more interesting to me.

I mean, we already know from his record that he wasn't the angel they'd like us to think he is.

Site Supporter
    Read an article on the defense strategy (assuming they get competent lawyers) as a variant of the Zimmerman strategy:

1. Argue that citizen's arrest was legit as there was trouble in the area. Increased break-ins. Thus they were on 'alert'.

2. Defame the rep of the dead guy (as Martin was critiqued for past behavior). Thus, making the narrative that he was 'up to something'

3. Claim that even if the stop was specious, Maud overreacted with an attack that necessitated a lethal response. Similar to George getting out of his truck stupidly, getting into Martin's face or being set up by Martin, and then the shooter had to defend himself. Going for the gun was a threat to the shooter. Of course, going for the gun when stopped by crazy guys in a truck, might seem reasonable to some but truck dudes have to play the victim card. They were foolish but in the right.

4. Given the social beliefs of some of the area's residents (ahem), try in voir dire to get jurors whom you think:
    a. Will form a majority as we know that the majority carries the day, usually
    b. Or at least a couple of hold outs against convictions as you need a small group to stand against a majority (as the majority usually wins)
    c. In opening statements, portray the victim as evil or get that in the public jury pool consciousness. Jurors don't follow judges' suggestions to ignore such.

5. Race and jury selection will be a horror show as using challenges against people of color is a bag of worms given past court decisions.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Did anyone establish yet what deddood was really up to?

Probably won't help the defendants, and doesn't mean I'm going to copy them anytime soon, but definitely affects whether I feel any sympathy for deddood and make the public outcry aspect far more interesting to me.

I mean, we already know from his record that he wasn't the angel they'd like us to think he is.
    I don't think anyone has definitively proven anything other than he was inside a house under construction at one point. Speculation abounds as to why.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    "Did anyone establish yet what deddood was really up to?"

(Your question presumes he was in fact up to something. The publicly avail. info to date indicates that he was using a water source to get a drink and/or just generally looking about the place. Multiple surveillance videos have recorded multiple individuals doing the same thing. The owner of the property has given multiple interviews saying the subject (I am using this term because it is much more neutral though it is becoming more and more likely that the term "victim" may be applicable) stole nothing, damage nothing etc.

"Probably won't help the defendants, and doesn't mean I'm going to copy them anytime soon, but definitely affects whether I feel any sympathy for deddood and make the public outcry aspect far more interesting to me."

(Clearly the tenor and tone in which you write about the subject indicates you are not feeling any sympathy for him. As to the public outcry, it just keeps getting worse for the criminal defendants and county given the information developed to date.)

(Who is we? The same could be said re the criminal defendants and the entities for which they worked etc.)

Distilled to its essence
    Two armed guys chase an unarmed guy for 3-4 minutes over alleged theft/burglary from an unoccupied partially completed building and property of another. They confront the subject after blocking his way and a fight ensues over a weapon wherein the subject is shot 3x.

One subject dead. Two criminal defendants in custody. Civil suits in the offing.

Even presuming that the criminal defendants knew the subject from the past to be a stone cold burglar/bad ass from the way back, saw him stealing guns and electronics on multiple occasions to include the date in question and the subject then said to them, "if you try to come near me, I will try to kill you and then I will go to your houses and burglarize those too. PS.. I stole that sweet pistol out of your car in January when you so kindly left it in there for me. (No evidence for any of this btw): The Juice Was Never Worth the Squeeze.

All they had to do was call 911 and follow from a distance.

Now, they are likely to spend years in jail before the trial and potentially spend the rest of their respective lives in prison. Even if they are criminally and civilly exonerated, they will likely go bankrupt defending themselves. But hey, guardians of the neighborhood and all that...
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 05-19-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    But hey, guardians of the neighborhood and all that...
    Not only is the pay lousy, I bet the benefits are lacking as well.

This case is a vortex of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    So Georgia is sort of unique in that there are seven counties with county police departments out of 159. Cobb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Henry, Athens/Clarke County, and Glynn. In those counties the county police handle local and state laws and the Sheriff's Office handles the jail and serves warrants. As best I understand it the Georgia Constitution specifically places authority in the Sheriff but through some fancy legislation these counties have managed a work around. @jlw could explain this while correcting my mistakes if he were so inclined. I'm pretty sure I've gotten the telling of it partially wrong.

The point I'm trying to get to is that the county police departments are not directly answerable to the voters but to the Board of Commissioners. The Sheriff is an elected official and is directly responsible to the voters. As I recall Glynn County was trying to abolish the Office of the Sheriff in their county a couple of years ago but couldn't quite convince the rest of the state to go along.
    I was corrected. There are twelve counties with county police departments, not seven. There was legislation passed in the '80s prohibiting the creation of a county police department without a public vote. The vote can only be held every four years. None have been created since that legislation was passed.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Thanks, Sis. https://www.yahoo.com/news/sister-ah...095844761.html

Unbelievable - fan of true crime, yes indeed!

The sister of the accused killer of Ahmaud Arbery has admitted to sharing a picture of the victim's body, saying she did it because she's a "true crime fan" but now realizes it was in poor taste.

User Tag List