Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of jogger in GA

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Pulling the trigger isn't the only use of force there. If it's not a legal citizen's arrest, it's criminal confinement/kidnapping/equivalent. That's a forcible felony, which is why you can use deadly force to prevent being confined/kidnapped/equivalent. The force can be real or implied, as we've already discussed earlier in the thread. The commission of the forcible felony lead to a death. Hence the Murder charge.
    This is exactly as it is in my home state. The offense here is called Felony-Murder which occurs when a violent (forcible) felony results in a homicide (whether it is intentional or not). Every actor participating in the precipitating felony 'owns' the homicide no matter their role. "Welcome to the party, pal!"
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Months before shooting, the police suggested the homeowner contact the McMichaels whenever he got alerts of activity on his security camera:

English’s phone received an alert and a text with a video each time the cameras activated. He often called police, sometimes texting videos to officers who went to the neighborhood to check on the property.

After one of those episodes on Dec. 17, English received a text reply a few days later from a Glynn County officer alerting him that McMichael lived nearby and had offered to help.

“Greg is retired Law Enforcement and also a Retired Investigator from the DA’s office,” Officer Robert Rash texted English on Dec. 20, offering McMichael’s phone number. “He said please call him day or night when you get action on your camera."
    https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...rE6sN/amp.html

Can’t think of a single reason I would tell a homeowner to call a retiree instead of on duty units for any reason whatsoever.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Can’t think of a single reason I would tell a homeowner to call a retiree instead of on duty units for any reason whatsoever.
    Well then you sir, should sign up for my comprehensive course on How to Make Bad Decisions. For the low cost of only 10,000 dollars you’ll get to spend over 14 hours in the conference room of a Hamptons Inn watching PowerPoint presentations on learning how to always make the wrong choice. And this program is so effective that just sending me a 10% down payment to reserve a spot will get your new life of bad decisions started now. Why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Months before shooting, the police suggested the homeowner contact the McMichaels whenever he got alerts of activity on his security camera:

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...rE6sN/amp.html
    Sheesh. How long before the lawsuit is filed against the PD?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Well then you sir, should sign up for my comprehensive course on How to Make Bad Decisions. For the low cost of only 10,000 dollars you’ll get to spend over 14 hours in the conference room of a Hamptons Inn watching PowerPoint presentations on learning how to always make the wrong choice. And this program is so effective that just sending me a 10% down payment to reserve a spot will get your new life of bad decisions started now. Why wait?
    Because hopefully, there’s more!

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Because hopefully, there’s more!
    But wait, there's more!

Enroll in the Skinny Horse "Courses for Horses" and find out just how big of a horse's ass you can make out of yourself with just a few poor decisions. We will beat a dead horse until you find yourself competent in the following arenas:

Passing the Buck (Advanced LEOs only)

Taking the Law Into Your Own Hands (Recommended for both new CCWs as well as old hands)

Citizen's Arrest: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Optics: Who Cares About the Narrative?

When To Use Deadly Force for Misdemeanors

Learning To Live in a Refrigerator Box

Panhandling After Prison

Yes, all these courses are open for registration now, so don't delay. Operators are standing by.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    But wait, there's more!

Enroll in the Skinny Horse "Courses for Horses" and find out just how big of a horse's ass you can make out of yourself with just a few poor decisions. We will beat a dead horse until you find yourself competent in the following arenas:

Passing the Buck (Advanced LEOs only)

Taking the Law Into Your Own Hands (Recommended for both new CCWs as well as old hands)

Citizen's Arrest: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Optics: Who Cares About the Narrative?

When To Use Deadly Force for Misdemeanors

Learning To Live in a Refrigerator Box

Panhandling After Prison

Yes, all these courses are open for registration now, so don't delay. Operators are standing by.
    Do you get a prestigious CCW badge to wear upon graduation?

Site Supporter
    Another seminar: How to choose your lawyer?

1. Big mouth
    2. Cheap Suit
    3. Long Hair beyond the norms of polite society and not stylish worn.

What is it with the hair? The University of Deliverance Home Law School? To be fair, I've seen fancy pants lawyers in big trials with the stupid hair? Long hair is over, dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Do you get a prestigious CCW badge to wear upon graduation?
    Upon graduation, you will be awarded with the coveted "Sash of Honor" proclaiming to all, far and wide, to steer clear!

Our valedictorian and salutatorian will also receive the following additional honors...recognized in all 50 states by wannabes everywhere!

So, what are you waiting for? When opportunity knocks, be prepared to knock right back! Call today!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List