Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcteryx Phasic Hoody

Arcteryx Phasic Hoody

https://www.amazon.com/Arcteryx-Mens.../dp/B0798S49D5

I recently have been wearing this in the sun and warm temps, and it has worked great for me even on a 106F range day. Provides sun protection while keeping me comfortable. I wash it out nightly in the sink, and minutes later it is dry and ready to go. Highly recommended.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Stop it! Just stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Stop it! Just stop it!

Agreed - every time I see GJM post about most anything, I wish I had his budget for that thing. That said, for clothing, I think I'd just stick to what's normal for me to buy and pocket the excess. I never understand how Arcteryx clothing can possibly make sense to purchase. At their prices, there's almost certainly something out there that provides 95%+ of the performance at 1/2 the price or less.

$99 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Agreed - every time I see GJM post about most anything, I wish I had his budget for that thing. That said, for clothing, I think I'd just stick to what's normal for me to buy and pocket the excess. I never understand how Arcteryx clothing can possibly make sense to purchase. At their prices, there's almost certainly something out there that provides 95%+ of the performance at 1/2 the price or less.
    It's not just that brand, believe me. There's a whole generation walking around that thinks supernatural things can be achieved by magically manipulating materials (polyester and nylon as just one example) that have been around for a loooooong time. Along those same lines, the "waterproof-breathable" scam has got to be the greatest deception ever perpetuated against consumers, but people just keep on eating it up.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

My wife and I each have a black Arcteryx goretex hard shell that we have worn for 16 years. It has been hunted in, covered in blood multiple times, thrashed through brush, and it still looks brand new. Buddy destroyed a set of Arcteryx bibs thru years of snowmachine riding, called Arcteryx and they just sent him a new pair. If you like to have less stuff, that is very high quality and is backed forever, I think Arcteryx is a great value.

I bought my first Arc’teryx jacket 6-7 years ago now. Its a Goretex shell, I think a Theta AR and was $500. When I first held it, I thought I’d rip it within the first few times of wearing it but it has survived a lot of abuse over the years and I’ve never worn anything that beats rain better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I each have a black Arcteryx goretex hard shell that we have worn for 16 years. It has been hunted in, covered in blood multiple times, thrashed through brush, and it still looks brand new. Buddy destroyed a set of Arcteryx bibs thru years of snowmachine riding, called Arcteryx and they just sent him a new pair. If you like to have less stuff, that is very high quality and is backed forever, I think Arcteryx is a great value.
    George...do you wear an undershirt or just the hoodie? I need something like that for range days in the TN humidity here.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    George...do you wear an undershirt or just the hoodie? I need something like that for range days in the TN humidity here.

civiliandefender.com
    I have been wearing the hoodie next to my skin.

Arctryx makes killer gear. By no means inexpensive but durable and it fits me well.

May have to grab one for USPSA matches, or as my wife calls them “middle aged men standing around in a sand pit”

User Tag List