Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Out The Front (OTF) knives

Look what Gavin Hawk sent me... a nice thermos. Still loving the Deadlock

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ok OTFers - has anyone else found that their knives like to be run dry?
    My Microtechs prefer going in dry.

My HALO VI is at its absolute best after a good rinsing out with Berryman B-12 Chemtool spray carb & choke cleaner followed up with a blast of compressed air.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Look what Gavin Hawk sent me... a nice thermos. Still loving the Deadlock

Say what you want about Oregon’s terminally fucked politics: there is no denying that they’ve nonetheless captured the high ground on knives, beer, and coffee. It’s not even close, if one is a connoisseur of all three at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Say what you want about Oregon’s terminally fucked politics: there is no denying that they’ve nonetheless captured the high ground on knives, beer, and coffee. It’s not even close, if one is a connoisseur of all three at the same time.
    Add great food, amazing access to the outdoors, lots of shooting events and venues. It would be hard to leave. But, we've thought about it. Idaho seems like a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Add great food, amazing access to the outdoors, lots of shooting events and venues. It would be hard to leave. But, we've thought about it. Idaho seems like a good option.
    Oh we have great food, amazing access to the outdoors, and piles of shooting too, believe it. If Oregon is the Royce Gracie of lifestyle, the inland empire is Ken Shamrock in UFC5. You’ve just got that whole fancy legal OTF thing going on, is all.

Come to think of it, so does Idaho...

Imma not gonna let this Idaho move go.. you know that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Imma not gonna let this Idaho move go.. you know that, right?
    I’ve never been to Idaho. I need to fix that.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Assuming DE is legal to carry, is there any reason not to go that route? It seems a bit impractical but I just have a feeling I'm going to regret it if I buy a single edge and I'll end up buying a DE too. I don't even need one of these, let alone two . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Assuming DE is legal to carry, is there any reason not to go that route? It seems a bit impractical but I just have a feeling I'm going to regret it if I buy a single edge and I'll end up buying a DE too. I don't even need one of these, let alone two . . .
    I've found the DE with full length plain and full serrated edges to be super useful. It does require some additional care when cutting things.

Also, the edge geometry is steeper with a DE blade, so there's that.

For defensive use, my support-side default is forward grip, edge up, but DE does that and a conventional grip all at once.

A few years ago I bought a Lightning OTF for $28 I think it was. Edge retention isn't great but for $28 it's fun to play with. I've flicked it in and out hundreds, if not thousands, of times pretty much using it like an adult fidget spinner. It's great if you've never had an OTF before and want something to test the waters.

Now that auto knives are legal in Colorado it's got me wanting a decent one. I just haven't found one that I like the looks of for a price I'm comfortable with. Might just say F-it and spring for a Microtech anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List