Thread: Premium Kershaw

Site Supporter

Premium Kershaw

I think it’s pretty cool to see Kershaw put together some more premium offerings that are assembled here in the United States. They managed to have some decent designs with some nice materials at a reasonable cost ($160 for the Bel Air). Im looking specifically at the Bel Air in mangacut to give my bugout a break from edc when Im wearing dress pants. I also
    liked the Iridium in 20CV but it was a sprint run, I believe. I was unaware Kershaw was doing this.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/bel-air.html

Name:  IMG_6515.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  15.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I think it’s pretty cool to see Kershaw put together some more premium offerings that are assembled here in the United States. They managed to have some decent designs with some nice materials at a reasonable cost ($160 for the Bel Air). Im looking specifically at the Bel Air in mangacut to give my bugout a break from edc when Im wearing dress pants. I also
    liked the Iridium in 20CV but it was a sprint run, I believe. I was unaware Kershaw was doing this.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/bel-air.html

Name:  IMG_6515.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  15.9 KB
    This knife looks promising. I like the mostly symmetrical grip, straight blade, and Axis type lock. I'm not a huge fan of aluminum scales because they are often slippery.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This knife looks promising. I like the mostly symmetrical grip, straight blade, and Axis type lock. I'm not a huge fan of aluminum scales because they are often slippery.
    Agreed; although all the usual reviewers say there’s a coating that keeps it locked in. I wish it were .25 - .5 in longer.

Seems like a direct competitor with the Benchmade Bugout? Both have a 0.09" thick blade, which is on the thin side for my taste.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Absolutely. I carry a Bugout when I’m wearing dress pants (M4 Freek when in a flight suit). It’s the last thing my best friend gave me before he died and I really don’t want to lose it, break it, etc. I intend to pass it on to his nephew or niece. I was about to get another one but this may be a way to branch out and try a new steel at the same time.

My problem is that Im paring down and saving for a sebenza or something similar that I fall in love with. Im not at the “gotta have” point with anything right now.
    Last edited by TOTS; 02-15-2024 at 10:46 PM.

I'm a Kershaw enthusiast, especially for USA made ones. That Bel Air looks pretty nice with the deep carry, but I prefer a frame or liner lock. The Dividend is what I'm EDCing most these days.

Kershaw has been pimping automatics for several years now, but it's just not my thing, and their newer offerings haven't been appealing to me. Plus they've really expanded their Chyna knives...I hope this turns around.

User Tag List