Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Out The Front (OTF) knives

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Precisely what I'm trying to avoid, lacking the tool to remove the screws and any desire to void the warranty.
    When I had a similar problem with my Ultratech awhile back, I tried the "blow it out with compressed air and squirt some lube in" process, but I got much better results from disassembly. A tool off Amazon to remove the screws is ~$10.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    When I had a similar problem with my Ultratech awhile back, I tried the "blow it out with compressed air and squirt some lube in" process, but I got much better results from disassembly. A tool off Amazon to remove the screws is ~$10.
    if it comes to that I'll likely contact the manufacturer and send it back.

I'm trying very hard to limit the amount of fiddle-fart I have to engage in these days. doesn't hold the same entertainment value it once did with time a precious commodity these days.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

@Clusterfrack How do you open it one handed when the button is at the rear like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @Clusterfrack How do you open it one handed when the button is at the rear like that?
    No clue…
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I saw that one today too.

I wonder if it would deploy with a good flick of the wrist?

Reverse grip and gravity drop after thumbing the button? I’ll probably find out, since this might fit my state’s oddball knife restrictions. Or not. I’ll know if/when I see one…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    my daily carry utx-70 isn't locking open.

Any thoughts on what I might do to fix that?
    I've found that a couple of good flush's with lighter fluid does a good job at getting the goo out,
    then blow it out good and a little Rem oil...works on my UTX and Ultratech.
    Since I've started carrying an LCR or J frame in my strong hand pocket more often, I swapped the
    clip on my UTX-70 Tanto to a left hand carry, makes for a pretty nice support hand edc, not too big,
    not too small...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The locking gate may have crud in it. Put the knife in 'neutral' so the blade can be moved by hand. Spray a lot of RemOil into the hole, and let it drip back out the front. Blast with canned or compressed air. If a few reps of that procedure that don't fix it, you may need to send it back to Microtech or buy a tool and look inside. See this post.
    This solved it. Thanks!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List