Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Out The Front (OTF) knives

Combat Troodon (fightin size)
    UTX-85 (perfect everyday carry size)
    UTX-70 (it's soooo cute, wife loves it)

Name:  techs.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  20.3 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

HALO VI is a beast.
    When it fires... it has recoil.

Here it is next to my already XL Combat Troodon.

Name:  microtechhalo.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  27.6 KB

btw: "scratch & dent" means I had to search for the scuff mark and I'm still not sure that I actually found it. 1 day in my pocket and that blemish won't even be visible.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Is there some sort of plaque we can send Jody for crushing this thread into fucking dust? Just asking.

Despite being 6.5" long (closed) and not having a pocket clip the HALO VI carries better than the Combat Troodon.
    The HALO has is slightly skinnier all the way around and has a smooth handle.
    Here lately I've been carrying my "big" knife in that little mini-pocket that's in the bottom of the right front pocket of Duluth Firehose cargo shorts and the HALO drops right in and slides right out.
    No exposed pocket clip to draw attention.
    Only real issue with the HALO is it's single action so it requires two hands to reset, that'd be a deal killer for a utility knife but no big deal for a stabby stabby knife.
    Besides, how cool is it that my knife has a AR style charging handle?

Site Supporter

Benchmade Phaeton

Any thoughts on the Benchmade Phaeton https://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchm...-DA-OTF--51639 ?

I don't buy new Benchmade products.

For the same price I'd go Hogue or Guardian.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Any thoughts on the Benchmade Phaeton https://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchm...-DA-OTF--51639 ?
    I'd buy a Microtech instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Is there some sort of plaque we can send Jody for crushing this thread into fucking dust? Just asking.
    "King of the OTF"!

FYI, I have plans to be a contender... stay tuned.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Despite being 6.5" long (closed) and not having a pocket clip the HALO VI carries better than the Combat Troodon.
    The HALO has is slightly skinnier all the way around and has a smooth handle.
    That's interesting. I totally believe it. I've found that the UTX-85 carries more easily than even smaller blades because of the narrow profile. Adding DragonGrip decals helps a lot with making the smooth handle more grippy. So far, the decals have not come off, even after spraying with RemOil to clean and lube. Applying them to an alcohol-cleaned surface, and heating gently with a heat gun may have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't buy new Benchmade products. For the same price I'd go Hogue or Guardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'd buy a Microtech instead.
    I agree. The older Benchmade OTFs are pretty crude in comparison to Microtechs or Guardians. I haven't had a chance to play with the new ones, but they sure cost more for what you get, and don't have Microtech's track record. I also haven't felt a Hogue, but what I've read is encouraging.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "King of the OTF"!

FYI, I have plans to be a contender... stay tuned.
    Right there with ya.

User Tag List